Have you changed surgeons?

Cynde G.
on 1/10/04 8:56 am - Stockbridge, GA
This is a bit winded, but you will understand why. I began looking into wls not quite a year ago. I went to the seminar that Emory Bariatrics has, and decided this was for me. I called the ins company and they pay for it. I saw the surgeon ( dr Lin) and saw the shrink. Here is where the question comes in. The dr's office said they sent my info to BCBS, but I recieved a letter from the ins company saying they couldn't cover the surg due to the surgons office not sending in all the nessecary paperwork. I have called Dr Lins office and was told it was the insurance companys responsibility to contact the surgeons office for everything I was told they had sent in. UUGGHH. SO, I am think about changing surgons. ( I love the surgeon, but I am unsure about the staff) One question I do have is if I have already had the pshyc evaluation, would I have to have it a 2nd time, or would the new surrgeon take the evaluation that I had? ( I have a copy of it)
kiwani
on 1/10/04 10:05 am - columbus, ga
hi cynde, i looked in to surgery here in columbus and got all of the pre op testing done.... well long story short this surgen wanted 6000 dollars on top of ins. so i change to dr. duncan in atlanta and they told me that all my testing is admissable because i just got it done... hope this helps ... dr. duncan is highly recomended and if you look him up he has more surgery under his belt than any i have found so far and his office staff is wonderfull , he has a seminar on jan 20 kiwani
Cynde G.
on 1/10/04 1:11 pm - Stockbridge, GA
Thanks. He is one of the Dr's that I am going to go to ( the seminar). I recieved a packet from Dr Steinberg, out of Dekalb Medical, and in it they want you to pay 250 at your first visit with the md. I am not sure why, but I am going to ask. Good luck to you.
OHAngel2006
on 1/15/04 2:21 am - GA
Hi , If all your testing is current... no surgeon should need you to redo it all. It's only when it's more than a year they start to need you to redo it. I highly recommend Dr Duncan too! His staff is very well organized, educated and helpful.
Most Active