Has anyone appealed Tri-Care

Mary B.
on 1/9/04 4:37 am - SC
Has anyone ever appealed Tri-Care then was approved later I would love to hear from you and hear how it worked out for you. Because I am going through it right know and I need help. Also is Tri- Care doing Lap RYN in your area. It has been stopped in my region.
Jewell M.
on 1/14/04 7:23 am - Peachtree City, GA
Hi, Meri! Yes I have appealed to Tri-Care. I'm in region three (Georgia) and I have been approved for a Roux-N-Y and am suppose to have my operation On 28 January. That may not happen, but that's my problem. I first applied for a lap-band, but was turned down as Tri-care had decided in 1964 that that was experimental. I appealed on the super "fast track" and was turned down again. NO help on policy change. I then sent everything in again for a RNY and was immediately approved. I did chat with some very unhelpful insurance people. I have numbers to call if you are in the same district as I am. Did your doctor's office help you submit your request? Did you have you list of diets you have been on and when and how much you lost and then re-gained? I have some check lists and general helps for all insurance applications if you need any of that. I gathered the materials, but they put it together to submit it. Tri-Care starts their new year in October so they are not out of funds. Humana insures Tri-Care here. Do you have access to a military post where they have Tri-Care question answerer persons? I've never caught them in the office, but one lady posted how she woo-ed one of these persons and sought their help on every little thing for her application and was successfully approved. Sorry- maybe this isn't helpful. Look in the section of obesityhelp.com where they have comments under insurance. I think you'll see many were turned down two or more times before they were approved. Never, never,never give up. oldclassic
Wendy R.
on 1/14/04 10:43 am
Hello, I have Tricare Prime and I didn't have any problems what so ever! I was approved the first time around and I had my surgery on Jan 5, 2004. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you along. I did everything as Dr. Titus Duncan's office said and I was approved first go round. Good Luck! Wendy
Jewell M.
on 1/19/04 12:37 am - Peachtree City, GA
Meri- I ran across a great website with all kinds of help. You might find it just the thing. http://www.gastricbypassfamily.com/SOthers.html Hope your feeling sunny, Jewell Munn
Most Active