What to take to the hospital

pambelo
on 12/9/03 9:30 am - Clarkesville, GA
Can anyone share with me what to take to the hospital? I am having surgery on the 16th and I'm not sure what will benefit me.
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/03 11:58 pm - Georgia Peach, MD
You really don't need to take anything to the hospital. Everything was provided. Just take some chapstick because your lips will be extra dry, a wooden spoon or thongs and baby wipes to help clean yourself after you have a bowel movement. This really did come in handy because your tummy will be sore and it's hard to reach that area. And some comfortable clothes to wear home. I also took some panties (thank goodness because my period did start while I was there).
Trauma Queen
on 12/10/03 7:03 am - Jacksonville, FL
I have a list of what I am taking. -Two sets of clothes (stretch pants, and big t shirts) -back stratcher -chapstick -Panties (my period is due right at that time *groan*) Thats about all I am taking, the hospital will provide the rest, good luck on your surgery Donna B.
Pam B.
on 12/11/03 5:03 pm - Locust Grove, GA
I took a small fan with me.. had my surg in October so it wasn't super hot outside but pre op I was always burning up. I was so thankful I took it. I kept it on the bedside table blowing directly on me the entire time. So if you are even slightly hot natured take one! the hospital personel have to look at it to be sure it is 'safe' but I don't think that is really an issue. Mine was little, had only cost $5 at Walmart. But it did the trick. Also enjoyed having my personal favorite bed pillow. Robe was a waste of time as was slippers. they provided gowns facing both directions for walking and this would accomadate the IV lines just fine. They also provided little socs with grippies on the bottom. I wore thse for walking.. much less cumbersome to me than my slippers. I took the wooden spoon but it's only use was as a conversation peice for anyone who saw it! They provided tooth brush and paste, all kinds of stuff to do sponge baths. you really won't need as much as you think!! Good luck and keep us updated.. Pam
Most Active