question with no answer

Carol K.
on 12/4/03 3:31 am - Brent, AL
I have been making a protein shake that I can tolerate at ten wks out (down 49 lbs and nothing in the last 3-4 weeks ) anyways, I need to know how wrong I am with drinking this. Heres the ingredients 1 banana, 5 fresh strawberries, 6 ounce unsweet pineapple juice, designer whey protien powder natural flavor, 2 cups crushed ice. Blended in blender and remainder frozen for later. Someone told me that this was bad because of the carbs in the fruit and juice. I dont do milk well and with only getting 90-150 calories a day, I was hoping this protein shake would help me. I havent lost in weeks and I simply cant eat that much. A few bites and Im done. I know my body is in starvation but I dont know how to get it out and get more calories. I dont throw up or anything like that, I simply can not eat that much. AT this rate I am scared I wont lose any more weight for a while. Send some advice my way Please!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/03 5:06 am - Georgia Peach, MD
Hi Carol, Your shake has WAY too many carbs. The banana alone has 28 g of carbs. My doctor recommended only 20 g of carbs per day and suggested that they come from fresh vegetables. Here's what I do: 1 protein shake for breakfast (Isopure Strawberries and Cream with 4 ozs of water-0 carbs). Lunch: Lean cuisine meat (I throw away the rice, pasta or potatoes). Snack: Another protein shake. Dinner: Meat and a vegetable or super small salad. Snack: half a protein bar or a few peanuts. I drink 12 glasses of water and exercise. I can't eat much either so I came up with this plan and it has worked for me. You will lose more weight, you just have to come up with a plan to eat more. Hope this helps.
kimcraig
on 12/7/03 6:08 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Carol, Have heard of the protein powder called Nectar? It's great! I don't drink milk so i searched for a tasty powder that was good mixed with water.The Nectar tastes like Jolly Rancher candy sort of.The sour apple is my favorite.23gms of protein per scoop-0carbs-0sugar.4 different flavors to choose from.Check it out and best of luck to you.Kim
Lilly D.
on 12/22/03 10:39 am - jonesboro, ga
cut your banana in half sweetie. It sounds delicious. They said we would hit a plateu but it wont last forever,. 49 lbs is wonderful, I am so proud of you, Myself I only lost 4 lbs this last week and a half. but lets not get discouraged, every one goes at there own level. Have you tried soy milk, try the vanilla flavored. and dont try just one they dont all taste alike. I like to go to Planet Smootie and get a Road Runner with a Protien Booster in it. Delicious and healthy.
Most Active