Fat friendly PCP's in Atlanta area?

Taylor H.
on 12/2/03 3:23 am - Atlanta, GA
I moved here a couple of months ago and need a PCP to write me a letter of medical necessity. Any fat friendly supporters of the surgery that I can check out? I have Guardian insurance. Anything near Marietta/Dunwoody would be great! THANKS!
Laura-n-GA
on 12/2/03 5:42 am - Locust Grove, GA
Hi Taylor, My before pcp wasn't helpful at all and actually discouraged me. I went to my surgeon's informational meeting and ask one of the nurses for the name of a good WLS friendly PCP and got a great doctor who is very supportive.(My surgeon and PCP are in Macon.) Good luck to you. ~L~ LAP RNY -120lbs and 60 inches since 1-21-03
Kelle W
on 12/3/03 7:32 am - Atlanta, GA
I know this isn't going to be of much help, but I'm in the same boat as you, and the same area as well. I've called a couple of PCP's today and left messages, asking them their stance on WLS. If I hear back from any of them, or find out more info, I'll post it for you! Kelle Watts
Tonya J.
on 12/4/03 1:18 am
Kelle My pcp is very supportive she actually specalizing in bariatrics. She is awesome and very understanding of the issues we face. Her name is Andredell Hammond she is located in Decauter. She actually referred me to Dr. Duncan.
Kaideleigh
on 12/7/03 1:57 pm - Monroe, GA
My PCP was wonderful - and has several other patients that have had the surgery. Here's the contact info: Gwinnett Physicians (Dr. Mark Majoch is the PCP I use from this group, but it wouldn't matter which doctor you used) 3855 Pleasant Hill Rd Duluth, GA 30096-1407 (770) 476-2649 Best of luck!
Shane W.
on 12/7/03 7:48 pm - Douglasville, GA
My PCP was wonderful she helped me do everything I needed in order for me to have this surgery!! She may be to far for you to drive its in Douglasville... But just in case you need it heres her name and number.. Rhonda Williams 770-947-3000.. Good Luck
Teresa K.
on 12/8/03 2:03 am - Roswell, Ga
Hi - I suggest Dr. Dipak Vashi - Emory Clinic Perimeter by Northside Hospital - understanding, caring and supportive.
Kelle W
on 12/8/03 2:14 am - Atlanta, GA
Taylor, check this out! I just found this on the web....it's on this site somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can navigate to it. Just click on the URL: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/proProfile.php?N=5818 It's a listing of some Atlanta PCPs and their patient's recommendations of them. I found a lot to work with here! Good luck! Kelle
Diane G.
on 12/19/03 10:41 am - Dacula, GA
Your surgeon should be able to help you with this. They should have some pcp that works withtheir office.just ask. Good Luck I am in the same boat.
Taylor H.
on 12/29/03 11:02 am - Atlanta, GA
I actually found a great one through something I read on this site. Hina Trivedi in Marietta. She is awesome and very supportive if you meet medical necessity=)
Most Active