Who uses Adipex and other appetite suppressants?

jdok77
on 4/27/12 4:00 am - Atlanta, GA
Who uses Adipex and other appetite suppressants? How was your experience using these weight loss alternatives?
jwin
on 4/27/12 10:34 am
VSG on 06/26/12
My doctor prescribed it and it has helped to suppress my appetite, but not enough for significant weightloss.  The reason could be that I am not consistent with it.  My heart races and it keeps me up at night.  Even with half a pill, I still feel the effects.
walterswife
on 5/5/12 3:40 am
The side effects weren't the greatest.  I could always lose large amounts of weight but would always gain it back plus an additional 10 or 15 lbs.  That is the epitome of yo-yo dieting.  Ultimately it totally screwed up my metabolism.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

aseg21
on 5/22/12 1:27 pm - Miami, FL
 I felt horrible on Adipex. Literally, it felt like I was on speed and just couldn't come down. The dizzy, light headed feeling was enough to frighten me into leaving it alone. Really, I'm fortunate though that I'm rarely hungry physically so it's more of a looking at my watch psychological reminder of food that triggers eating for me. 

I HATED a couple of products I tried. The diarrhea from several of them was a bit more than I could handle. 

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

jazmine78
on 3/18/13 11:45 pm - GA
I'm using Adipex currently along with a weight loss plan from Dr. Mansfield in Atlanta, GA. So far I have had great success!
Bb1294
on 9/3/14 2:51 pm, edited 9/3/14 2:54 pm

I was on Phentermine for 3 months and had great results. The side effects are strong at first i.e dry mouth, dizziness etc but the body will build a tolerance to it. I lost close to 30lbs and it really suppressed my appetite. I went to a weight loss clinic that provided generic phentermine for $40/month without insurance, however they were a bit far from me so I decided to look closer. I went to see Dr. Mansfield in Dunwoody, same doc as the above post mentioned. The staff was great, but the cost was $125 for a 30 day "Adipex" supply, or $36 per week for a 7 day supply. I asked if they had a generic version, but they told me "NO" since they exclusively sold Adipex. I decided to purchase it to see if I would feel a difference between adipex vs. generic, but upon opening the bottle I noticed the pills looked exactly like my $40/month generic phentermines! I looked up the NCD # (provided on the bottle) and quickly realized that Mansfield was passing off generic phentermine for the real Adipex at 3 times the cost of other clinics!!!!! I called and told them their practice was misleading as they outright lied about the source of the medication to inflate the cost! They denied it at first, but once I told them to look up the NDC and pharmaceutical name of the manufacturer (not Adipex) listed on the bottle to prove me otherwise, they immediately agreed to provide me a refund. In the end generic vs adipex may not matter to you, but I do want to warn others to not spend triple the amount on a generic being marketed as authentic adipex. If you're looking for phentermine, whether generic or real, check out other places in Atlanta such as Precision Weight Loss or Dr. Bass in Newnan. They will provide both options at a fair price. You will be saving yourself a heck of a lot more money, and most importantly you will get what you paid for. 

Most Active