Docs in west ga?

mjst220
on 4/17/12 7:10 am
Ok guys I need  your help.. I had RNY on Nov 2, 2011. My doctor, Dr. Freeman in Anniston is retiring as of now and I need to find a good doctor to get in with. I have heard of Ferguson, and Turton in LaGrange and Dr, Scott in Rome, and Champion in Atl....Any one have any ideas who would be better for follow up care from another physician? I llive in Bowdon and really dont want to drive 2 or 3 hrs for an appt if I dont have to but I DO want a good competent doc!
Thanks
Melissa
Sherry T.
on 4/19/12 2:08 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Wish I could help...only wanted to sympathize with you as I have to make a 2.5 hour drive depending on traffic sometimes longer to north atlanta for my doctor and surgery within 3 weeks. Not looking forward to all the follow-ups because my husband thinks once I have the surgery, I should be able to find someone here locally....ummm no, that's why I am going to Atlanta!!  Bless him.   I am in Macon....we do having someone who is just starting to do it here locally but personally I have more faith in my doctor and his success rate.  Good Luck!!! 
mjst220
on 4/19/12 9:39 am
Thank you for the post. I feel your pain lol. I drive over an hour just to see the current dr. but I did find one who will accept me about 40 minutes away. Who is doing your surgery? I love south ga, I was born and raised in Fitzgerald so I know Macon well! Good Luck to you!!
Sherry T.
on 4/20/12 2:04 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Dr. Christopher Hart...he used to be at Emory downtown but since 2002 when I originally researched surgery built a hospital in Gwinnett County called Emory John's Creek Hospital.  They have 2 floors I think for bariatric patients and it's a Center of Excellence Hospital so I feel good about that.  And once I am able to drive then I can drive myself.  I used to live up there so it's not a problem for me....just finding a window to get through town and back home before morning or evening traffic starts up....LOL  I'm glad you found someone!  Take care!!     
Brattiegirl
on 4/20/12 1:18 am - franklin, GA
i live in Franklin and  will have surgery wed. april 25th at northside hopsital in atlanta.. the drive  is worth it to me to have this surgery and Dr. Paul Macik is doing it.... i have waited my whole life and dealth with over weight and losing and  high blood pressure and want to better my self and  live longer for my grand children....... the drive for me again is worth it almost  hour and half .....
mjst220
on 4/20/12 6:20 am
O wow good luck! Let me know how you do! I had RNY on Nov 2, 2011 and was off my bp meds by the time I left the hospital! I struggled all my life with weight also. I was driving and hour and 15 min to my previous doc- I so wish he wasnt retiring. I dont regret this decision at all! 60 pounds gone!
Jeannie A.
on 4/20/12 7:11 pm - Stockbridge, GA
This really saddens me! I used Dr. Freeman July 27, 2006. I'm like you but I live in Atlanta and I know a few here. But I was alwasy told that some doctors do not like taking on pat's of other doctors. Just make sure that you have all of your surg. papers to take with you when you find someone that will take you. Jeannie
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

mjst220
on 4/20/12 11:34 pm
thanks I will. They should have them faxed over. Who do you use for follow up care now?
lerkhart
on 4/23/12 2:29 am
Hi Melissa,
I used Dr. Scott(had to drive 4 hours).  He is wonderful.  I don't know anything about taking another surgeon's patients though.  I like all of his staff too.
Good luck.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MARIA F.
on 4/23/12 5:14 am - Athens, GA

Dr. Steinburg in Atl. takes on other Drs. patients. He has an EXCELLENT reputation. Try him.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active