X- Post Calling all Macik Patients

onemoretry
on 11/20/11 9:06 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Thanks Nick and CColeman for taking the time to respond. I am glad to know that everyone here is happy with Dr. Macik. As I stated, I am going to ask him about the malpractice. I wish I had not found this tid bit of information, but I can not let him operate on me without me asking about it. There is one unhappy camper out there for whatever reason. I want to use him, but I have to feel comfortable with my decision and that one unhappy camper has planted the seed of doubt for me, I need him to fix that for me, if he can.
ga_ginger_10
on 11/28/11 1:09 am - Atlanta, GA
 I am over 10 years out...I started at 400 lbs.  I was one of the first patients Dr. Macik assisted with when he started doing weight loss surgery with Dr. Waits.  Then 7 years ago he was my daughter's surgeon (she had lap-band). 

If you really research there probably are not many surgeons that do not have a malpractice settlement against them, since it seems a lot of people are "sue happy"! 

Also a good question to ask any surgeon is how many cases they have done and how long they have been doing the particular surgery you are thinking about having.  

I feel Dr. Macik is a very competent, caring surgeon and I would recommend him highly. 

I wish you much luck on your Weight Loss Journey. 

Ginger

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

onemoretry
on 11/30/11 12:51 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Thanks Ginger for taking the time to respond. It really makes me feel good to know that everyone really thinks he is a great surgeon.
curiouscat7
on 12/2/11 12:44 am
Another successful Macik patient here... I was fortunate and truly blessed to have him as my surgeon... nearly 3 yrs out and doing, feeling wonderful.....

Just listen to him and his staff and you will do fine...remember he has you on the table for 45 mins and then the rest is up to you...

Good Luck

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
onemoretry
on 12/2/11 12:18 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Thanks CC! I have to tell you with all the responses I got here and on the VSG board, I feel good about my choice. I can't thank you all enough....
curiouscat7
on 12/3/11 1:24 am
 Keep us updated with your surgery date and progress...it's a wild and fun journey.... i'm a size 6-8 from a 20-22.... and I bought boots that I can actually fit over my calfs....and tuck my pants into...!

I really am into clothes once again and not only look sooo much better but feel better.

Just some of the great things you will experience...:)

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Sleeva
on 12/28/11 9:54 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
I saw that too ,but didnt bother me 1 in 10yrs or so is not bad to me, espescially not knowing the cir****tances my 1st appt is Jan 2nd..Good Luck..
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

onemoretry
on 12/29/11 1:45 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Sleeva, Let me know how it goes. I can't wait to get started, I am truly not stressing the malpractice, but I will ask him about it. My main concern is his success/complication rate and things of that nature. It seems to me everyone I have talked to here on OH are happy with him and that makes me feel good about my choice as a surgeon.
Sleeva
on 12/29/11 10:41 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
I cant wait either, my appt is for 3:30 i am going to call to see if i can come earlier..are you required to do  a 3-6 month diet?
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

onemoretry
on 12/31/11 2:01 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Hi Sleeva, I just completed my 6 month diet. I thought I had to have one, because I thougth I was going to have United Health Care. My company pulled a switch-a-roo on me, we will have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Sheild starting Jan 1. Anthem just says we"must have actively participated in non-surgical methods of weight reduction; these efforts must be fully appraised by the physician requesting authorization for surgery", so, I am praying this will be good enough for him.

Most Active