Question regarding Dr. Macik's nurse

WiMike
on 10/30/11 8:46 am
I had Dr. Macik complete my RNY many years ago.   I am totally pleased with him as a surgeon, but I did have some problems with his nurse at that time.  She was a new employee to him and I don't think she knew anything about obesity sensitivity for patients.   I felt bad and embarrassed so I stopped my follow up appointments.  I know I should have thick skinned and faced it, but I am just not that type of person.  

Would someone mind sending me a private message to let me know who he has as a nurse now?  I don't know what her name was when I was a patient then, but would like a general description of who he has now....and if it's the same person. 

Thank you for understanding!
DarleneR
on 10/31/11 7:12 am
 Hi there.  The nurse he has now is Robin.  She has had RNY so she is very well versed in obesity.  Personally, I like her better than I like him.  

HW/SW/GW/CW
296/277/180/185.6
curiouscat7
on 11/1/11 1:56 am
 I agree I like Robin too... the other nurse was nurse ratchet.... and we didn't hire Macik for his personality...it's his surgical skills....!!!

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
gamom135
on 11/1/11 11:34 pm - Middle GA, GA
Robin is very good and I felt completely comfortable with her!
ga_ginger_10
on 11/10/11 11:15 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hello,

I have been going to that office for more than 10 years.  I had surgery with Dr. Waits and  I was one of the first patients Dr. Macik assisted with March, 2001.  There has been a lot of changes in the office over 10 years. 

I know Robin and yes she has had gastric bypass too. I have worked with the bariatric community in a hospital setting for many years and I facilitate a support group.  

Not sure what she did to hurt your feelings, but try to remember we all have bad days. Also, sometimes I know I "say things like it is.... to get my point across, no sugar coating"  Because life is not sugar coated.

This WLS  journey that we are traveling  is not easy....and if you don't create healthy eating and exercise habits for a lifetime, you can gain the weight back. Not saying you are or have... but  I have seen it so many times, it breaks my heart.  When you work with the bariatric community day in and day out, you see a lot of weight gain and I know I want to help the person get back on track before they have gained so much weight they feel like it is impossible to lose it (like most of us did before weight loss surgery).

Robin like me is very passionate about what she does.  She is easy to talk to....so why not just say something to her.  I don't have a problem, if I say something that isn't received well, for the other person saying something to me....because perhaps it wasn't taken the way I mean it and we can clear it up right then. 

When I read your post it reminded me of how I used to be....someone hurts my feelings and I just bury it inside...and would never had confronted them...but now I don't let "the fat girl" that is inside me and probably always will be take over and rule.

I hope this is coming across to you, the way I am intending it to.....and in some way helps.

Part of having WLS and being successful is going to our appointments with our surgeon each year, having our lab work done.  Making sure we are staying healthy.  So, please continue doing that.

Sending you a Big Hug,

Ginger

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

curiouscat7
on 11/13/11 7:25 am
 I believe she was talking about the previous nurse...Not Robin

which BTW was what rhymed with Witch

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Paul C.
on 11/22/11 2:02 am - Cumming, GA
Robin is very helpful and positive.  She listens to what you have to say and then takes her time when she talks to you.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
WiMike
on 11/22/11 8:06 am
 Thank you ALL for replying to my posting.  It is greatly appreciated!   I definetly believe Dr. Macik's nurse has changed since I was to his office last.   

Robin does sound like she is well liked and I will be glad to meet her when I go back to his office soon....or at a support group if she does attend those.    

The nurse he had back then just didn't tell me something that I didn't want to hear that  I got offended with.    She came out and called me a liar when I was discussing my diet and my protein intake....she kept on insisting I wasn't telling the truth as I was stuck in a plateau in my weight loss.   I just noticed in general she treated men vs. women differently in her interactions as I sat in the waiting area.  
Most Active