Update on Martina

LaShelle2
on 7/24/11 1:42 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I am sorry I have not been updating more often. I honestly did not know so many people were concerned. I will try to update for her more often.

Martina has found a GI doctor that can do her stretching procedures in Rome close to where she lives, which is much closer than Nashville.  This will help a lot with the travel time and expenses.

The new doctor is not inpressed with the work Dr. Houston did,  but so far did not find exactly what is wrong and how to fix it or even if she can ever be fixed. He told her this would be a long process, not what she wanted to hear.

She had her 1st stretching procedure with the new doctor in Rome but still can't eat or dring and has bad pain and nausea. 

So, she is still being fed by feeding tube for now.

Keep her in your prayers.

And yes, Denise it could have been any of us. 

For some reason, she keeps developing a lot of scar tissue and nothing they are trying is making it go away to keep a clear passageway for her food and liquids. She describes it as a feeling like when somebody's lap-band is too tight and they can't even swallow their own saliva.

We never had one of our close GA members go through anything this bad. It is a very scary thought. We are all truly blessed to have had healthy happy outcomes.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

MARIA F.
on 7/24/11 3:13 pm - Athens, GA

I hope they will be able to correct this soon! So sad to go through all she did as an obese person, and now trying to get healthier only to end up with such a serious complication. :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

CColeman
on 7/26/11 1:50 am
Wow. Thanks for the update.
Will send prayers and positive vibes to Martina.

DeniseATL
on 7/26/11 11:58 am - Atlanta, GA
Praying for her !!!!

sassyjonz
on 7/28/11 5:44 am - Atlanta, GA
I am glad she has found a local doctor.  I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

lerkhart
on 7/28/11 11:13 am
Thanks for the update LaShelle.
I'm glad she found someone close to where she lives.  Do you know which Doctor it is-just curious.  I hope this doctor can help her to get better.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active