I can't believe I'm asking this, but?

LaShelle2
on 7/20/11 1:08 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Does anyone want to go zip-lining?

OH sisters Maria and Rolanda have expressed an interest.  I am terrified of heights, but I'm willing to test this new body to the limits.

I figure if I plummet to the ground, there will be less of me to make a gooey messy splat now that I'm 175 lbs lighter.

But, then again, that fat may have been a good cushion?

Seriously though, the zip-line has a weight limit of 225 or so. If you are over the limit you can be our cheerleaders and photographers :-)

There are several places to try it. Maria mentioned discounts on Groupon or halfoffdepot. 

I haven't looked into all the details. Right now I'm just putting it out there to see who all would like to participate.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

sassyjonz
on 7/21/11 11:24 am - Atlanta, GA
I would love to give it a go but it would definitely depend on the date.

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

MARIA F.
on 7/21/11 6:10 pm - Athens, GA

Let's do it! :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

LaShelle2
on 7/24/11 1:25 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
OK  Maria,

We have 4 that are interested, so I'm game if you guys are.  Since you're a great cheapanista, can you find us a good place at a decent price? I am not knowledgeable about ziplining, so I don't have a clue what to look for.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

MARIA F.
on 7/24/11 3:24 pm - Athens, GA

I'll give it a try.  :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Paul C.
on 7/26/11 12:09 am - Cumming, GA
Lake Lanier Island has a couple zip lining tours.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
LaShelle2
on 7/26/11 12:41 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Have you tried them?  Any idea on the prices?

Want to join us?

I think Callaway Gardens added ziplining too. Would be a nice day trip.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Paul C.
on 7/26/11 3:42 am - Cumming, GA
http://www.lakelaniercanopytours.com/

Thanks for the invite but life for me is insane crazy.  As you can see in my Signature I have a ton of training to do over the comming weeks, AND!  My baby girl is due to be delivered in 4 weeks from this comming Friday.

Let me know what you get worked out and I will see what my Calendar looks like.

Want to join me for the Turkey day run?
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
LaShelle2
on 7/26/11 7:47 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
MARATHON!!!

I do good to gert my 30 min on the treadmill.  I think I'll pass, but you go on with your bad self!

I am proud of you. really.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

speck
on 9/13/11 1:38 am
I zip lined for the first time a couple of months ago.  I was scared $#%^$#@@ lol but so glad I did it.

I went to http://www.historicbanningmills.com/

Sandra
Most Active