Need Paulding county Support group

squirlyboo
on 6/22/11 2:55 pm - GA

Hi , i had surgery 2 years ago while we lived in Alabama, we have moved to Ga about a year ago and i have become more and more in need of finding a close support group. it amazes me how few there are in the Atlanta metro area.. Carrolton is just to far to drive from Dallas ,Ga...
does anyone know of a group new or old in the near vacinity? i have backslid and really need to surround myself with people who understand what this life changing procedure is like and how to stay on course....
thanks so much
Amanda.L
Dallas Ga

shekicks
on 6/26/11 1:03 pm - Dallas, GA
Hi Amanda.  I am from Dallas, too!  There were some ladies I met at my dr.'s office in Rome that had talked about starting something around here but I haven't heard anything.  I know they have groups in Rome which isn't too bad a drive from Dallas.  If I hear anything I will get back on here and let you know.

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

squirlyboo
on 6/27/11 2:37 am - GA
Hi Beverly ,
That would be amazing! i am having such a hard time backsliding.. its so hard when you have a family to feed and their nutritional needs are different.. lol but i guess we all have those battles.. i and trying to get back on track , and so i thought it would be very helpful to search out others in my area for support seeing as how they go through all the ups and downs associated with being post bypass.... how long have you been in Dallas? we have been here about a year now...Rome is kinda far to drive with gas prices the way they have been i would like to find one near here, acctualy it supprises me there arnt more support groups out there... how far out post op are you ? i am right at 2 years ..
Amanda

JustBrendaP
on 7/18/11 10:28 am - GA
Hi Amanda & Beverly,

I too am from Dallas.  I am 2 days away from my surgery and I'm ready to get on with it!  :o)  I've been attending a support group but it is in Alpharetta!  I work in Atlanta so I just go straight from work.  I've also attended one at Northside Hospital but it (to me) was more like a seminar than a support group.  I am not at all opposed to attending one here locally!  If you two hear of anything near Dallas, please let me know!

I look forward to getting to know you both more.

Brenda P.
Dallas, GA

squirlyboo
on 7/19/11 2:32 pm - GA

Hi Brenda
its good to here there are some more people in our area... yay. i also would love to know if anyone hears anything... even if its in Cartersville with gas prices so high Apheretta is a bit to far for me.. boy do i need the group tho ... Good luck with your surgery Brenda

Amanda
Dallas,Ga

jfarmer727
on 7/23/11 1:06 pm - Douglasville, GA
 I'm in Dallas too and would love to have a group here in Dallas/Douglasville area.  My doctor is at Northside Hospital and too far to drive for meetings during the week.  I had my surgery in 2007 and have backslid after losing my mom and sister about a year and a have ago.  I am now trying to get back on track but it is so hard.  Please let me know if you hear of any groups or if we just want to start our on support group just for menus, exercise, etc.   
Julie
Most Active