How are u all

Roxy2974
on 5/4/11 7:51 am - Austell, GA
Long time no read from you all... I hope all is well in the world of WLS and GA board.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
LaShelle2
on 5/4/11 9:46 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I'm doing great. I hope all is well with youy and the baby. I hope to see you at the vitalady tour. Rolanda should be posting updates soon.
Roxy2974
on 5/4/11 2:09 pm - Austell, GA
I didn't know anything about the tour, I would be interested to attend. Email me your address so I can give to my Mom, I think I am having a shower not 100% sure but she asked me for mailing addresses just in case.

LaShelle2
on 5/5/11 12:33 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Ok, I sent it. Make sure she let's me know.

So, how has the pregnancy been with a DS? Is it hard to keep your labs in check?  I would think vit D would be a challenge as well as calcium, since the baby needs a lot of those 2.

It seems like your weight is not going up too much which is good!  Eventhough I know that's not even on your mind now.

I can't imagine being pregnant now with the DS. I would be so terrified I was not supplementing enough to keep the baby healthy.  I can barely keep up with the vites to keep me on track, so thinking of the baby too would drive me crazy.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Roxy2974
on 5/5/11 3:19 am - Austell, GA
Actually my LABS are great! I have never had bad labs. I am so greatful that I had the surgeon that I had. Not once did I have a complication. I have had the ideal recovery and pregnancy. This baby is healthy as a horse and I eat all day. I have never had supplement problems bc I made that dedication to myself so I wouldn't slack off now being pregnant.

LaShelle2
on 5/5/11 3:49 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
GOOD!!

I never heard of any DSers having pregnancy complications now that I think of it!

But, that's one of the things pre-ops sometimes give for not wanting DS.. because they want to have kids inthe future.   Does Dr. V have you in any DS pregnancy medical studies?  I would think this is an area where DS surgeons should be doing more research.

I agree Dr. V is a great surgeon. If he coulda got the paperwork thing together I would have had my DS with him.
You never hear any complaints from his patients.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Fascinated One
on 5/5/11 1:48 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey! It has been a long time. All is great in my WL land. Congrats on the pregnancy. And as LaShelle said, it would be great to see you at Vitalady's lunch on June 4.

Hugs,

Rolanda
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
Roxy2974
on 5/5/11 3:22 am - Austell, GA
OMG, How are u? It has been a very long time it has almost been a year for you huh? So tell me all about your DS journey? Just let me know and I will be there on the 4th with bells on. I no longer live in Cobb, we purhased a home in Stone Mountain but I still go and check on the place in Austell from time to time. We must do lunch or something. I am so glad to read from you.

Roxy2974
on 5/5/11 3:25 am - Austell, GA
Send me your addy so I can give to my Mom in case I have a shower... Rumor has it is in June...lol..

MARTINA P.
on 5/5/11 7:08 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Im glad to know that you are doing well.  Im not going to bore you with my issues but the strange part is that I do not regret having the surgery.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Most Active