Upcoming Appointment With Dr. Macik

MARIA F.
on 3/16/11 12:26 pm - Athens, GA

Can't tell u about Macik but I can tell u about the band! I would NOT recommend the band to my worst enemy! I have now had 16 fills in 16 mos. and still no restriction. That is something that most Drs. never tell the patients BEFORE surgery! With no restriction............it's just like trying to lose weight before WLS.

Please read these articles about the band and then decide!

www.formerlyfluffy.com/asmbs-gastric-banding-gets-low-marks/

www.formerlyfluffy.com/consumer-reports-health-warns-think-twice-about-lap-band-surgery-for-weight-loss/

U can also ask me any questions u may have.

FormerlyFluffy.com

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 3/19/11 10:04 pm
Make sure that you keep copies of everything.  Tiffany ddin't pay attenetion to my paperwork from my PCP for my six month visits and that held up my approval for a day.  Luckily, my ins. co. called and said what I needed so I was able to go up the street to my PCP to get copies.  Other than that, the office is relly good.  Once you get your approval, call Tiffani and tell her that you want to schedule your surgery.  After that, you go take three tests at the hospital.  I went to Northside for my surgery.  I didn't attend the support groups with Dr. Macik because I live in Cobb so I attended them at Wellstar with Dr. Smith.  I started out considering the lap band and quickly changed my mind when I saw the statistics, realized that it stays in you until you have it surgically removed and found out that you have to get it filled every few months.  Nope, RNY was the best choice for me.

"'I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle...but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."-- Marilyn Monroe

Brattiegirl
on 4/2/12 5:26 am - franklin, GA
what should i expect from the 3 test i have mine set up for next week and then surgery is April 25th.... is big problem with test or they simple......cardiac one and then whats the Pulmonary one and then the upper GI........
Keisha770
on 7/14/11 9:04 pm - Powder Springs, GA
 You guys who have recently had surgery...how long would u say that ur hospital was?

Most Active