plastic surgery after gastric bypass

robkin41
on 3/10/11 11:35 am - Conyers, GA
I had gastric bypass done in 2003 and have lost 180 lbs. I have a lot of excess skin and can afford plastic surgery, Anybody know of  a plastic surgeon who can help folks who arent rich of have great credit.
birthdaygirl
on 3/11/11 4:29 am - Lithonia, GA
Dr. Pravin Reddy of Atlanta Trauma and Reconstructive Center.....He has privileges at Northside Hospital and Atlanta Medical Center.

He did my panniculectomy on March 3rd and I am very pleased...He is an excellent listener and his staff, especially Camara is fantastic.

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
robkin41
on 3/11/11 11:39 am - Conyers, GA
thank you for the info. good luck
thelukusas
on 3/23/11 12:42 pm - Duluth, GA

Could you give me the contact information for Dr. Reddy?  Do you know if he accepts PeachState/Medicaid?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Nichole

birthdaygirl
on 3/24/11 5:34 am - Lithonia, GA
On March 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM Pacific Time, thelukusas wrote:

Could you give me the contact information for Dr. Reddy?  Do you know if he accepts PeachState/Medicaid?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Nichole

Nichole you look amazing!......151 pounds lost...OMG!...U go girl!

God is soooooooooo good! and he really uses Dr. Larry Hobson and the entire group..Dr. Hobson did my surgery and I have had no complications and I am so please with my experience and success.

Peachtree Surgical and Bariatrics referred me to Dr . Pravin Reddy.  He is in the 285 bldg. on the 5th floor...The office number is 404-688-1444...Ask for Camara...She is wonderful.

Dr. Reddy is amazing....He is just like Dr. Hobson...He is attentive, concerned, calls you back and gives you a relaistic result.  Dr. Reddy is also a Trauma and Wound Surgeon in addition to PS so you will be in good hands!

He works out of Atlanta Medical Center and Northside Hospital...Yes, he does accept Peachstate which is what I have.  I had a very large pannus that created rashes, infections in the folding skin and excruciating back pain and a bulge in my spine/disc.  I had to have a letter of medical necessity from my PCP and records but they did cover me..

I love Peachstate...They covered my RNY on the first submission and they also covered my panniculectomy on the first submission...My first visit with Dr. Reddy was in January and my surgery was March 3.  Yes, I was hellified nervous againbecause I have carried this big belly for so long....It brought my 10 kids into this world and in a way I never thought it could be gone!

But I am loving my new belly....He gave me a new navel and my back pain is gone....He does everything......thighplasty, breasts...you will be pleased....I sure am!

thelukusas
on 3/24/11 10:41 am - Duluth, GA
AMEN...AMEN...AMEN!!!  God is definitely good.  I am really not looking forward to the warm weather because of the rashes and pain.  I'm hoping to have my breast and stomach done.  I will be calling Dr. Reddy first thing in the morning, for sure.  Thanks again for all the encouraging words.  Will I need my pcp to record my issues before the insurance will even consider the surgery?

birthdaygirl
on 3/24/11 10:41 pm - Lithonia, GA
On March 24, 2011 at 5:41 PM Pacific Time, thelukusas wrote:
AMEN...AMEN...AMEN!!!  God is definitely good.  I am really not looking forward to the warm weather because of the rashes and pain.  I'm hoping to have my breast and stomach done.  I will be calling Dr. Reddy first thing in the morning, for sure.  Thanks again for all the encouraging words.  Will I need my pcp to record my issues before the insurance will even consider the surgery?
Peachstate...yes.....I needed a letter of medical necessity.....record of dr. visits...previous treatments that failed such as creams, powders, back brace, physical therapy, and I even had to have x-rays.

But I already had all that done prior to seeing Dr. Reddy...I would suggest still making an appt. to see him and discuss your issues and let him examine you because everyone is different and your approval process may be different and faster!

walterswife
on 3/11/11 10:07 am
Joseph Woods, M.D.  He practices at Piedmont and DeKalb Medical.  He is a wonderful and very competent plastic surgeon.  His office is at Piedmont and his number is 404-292-4223.  He has done part one of breast reconstruction for me.

Celeste

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

robkin41
on 3/11/11 11:41 am - Conyers, GA
thank you too. appreciate any help
Most Active