This is What I Do Not Understand

WantingToBeThing
on 2/7/11 10:05 pm
  Okay Here is a previous post:

Today is Sunday Feb. 6, 2011, .1:00 pm I am down to 236.5 down 12.5 from 249 as of Jan 15, 2011. So excited. out of the 40's.
This morning I had oatmeal with 1/2 tsp. of butter. Coffee (lots) with hazelnut creamer sprinkled with cinnamon. I have prob. 32 oz. of water with peach tea flavoring so far. At 2:00 i will have a Jillian Whey Choc. Protein shake with 1 cup of ice, 1/2 banana, 2 tbsp. of p.nut butter, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1/2 cup 1% milk and 1 cup of water. Put into my bullet blender and have a great protein shake.

It is now 4:30 and I just had a big bowl of Healthy Choice Chicken Noodle. Lower Sodium (390 g).
I am staying away from high sodium stuff it set me back a week ago today by 4 lbs. and it took me all week to get those 4 lbs off again. No more. Sip on 32 oz. water thru evening.

around 7 tonight i will have a salad with johsonville salami snack bites (prob 4 or 5) slices up in the salad. i put lettuce, little onions, banana peppers, a few olives, cucumber, a few baby tomato's. dressing is homemade by my wonderful husband. Not sure but low fat, low cal. low carb. very little sodium. Another 32 oz water.

Monday Feb. 7, 2011 Scale Shows 240!! Ugg. HOW!!!

Today Feb 8, 2011 Scale Shows 239.  What is going on. Am I eating too much. Am I eating all the wrong things. I drink 3 big styrofoam cups of water thru out the day (about 90 oz.) No snacking in between. I am almost ready to go back to liquids/mushies. Should I or What?  Plz this is been my battle for the last 2 years and this makes me want to give up again. I want this to work this time. I have been doing so good (i thought).

curiouscat7
on 2/8/11 5:53 am, edited 2/8/11 5:54 am
I didn't have the same surgery...but this early out I would omit the oatmeal, creamer ,use skim milk or 2% milk, butter and PB...be careful of the dressings..most are high in fat..esp the oil in the dressing

Also, chicken noodle soup has carbs,.. I ate egg drop soup.

.I omitted all carbs (only had carbs from friuit and veggies) for the first 8 months...

Just my 2 cents but I'm down to goal wt..... and a wonderful size 6/8....

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
lerkhart
on 2/8/11 8:15 am
I agree with CC.  I didn't have the same type surgery you did either.  It looks like a lot of carbs to - .me(oatmeal, creamer,banana, chicken noodle, onions, cucumber, tomatoes-not sure about dressing or protein powder - I would check on the carbs in these.   I really try to limit mine each day and try to stick to good carbs only.  I tried adding some back in but it just makes me want more.  I think you can get too many good carbs also.  You might want to try Hazelnut coffee with plain creamer.  The flavored creamers I looked at had more calories, sugars and carbs than the plain creamer or FF milk.

Good luck and hang in there.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
WantingToBeThing
on 2/9/11 8:34 am
What should I eat for breakfast. I am very tight and have been told it is important to have breakfast. It will helpjumpstart metabolism. What do you think about the protein shakes.  think I should keep the 1/2 banana and leave out the p.nut butter and milk.I honestly love them they fill me and I probably could live on 2 a day and just have supper. What do you think.  I see about the creamer, okay will change that asap. what about in between snacks if I do get hungry.  Took the MOM and I am now cleaned out. I really was worried and getting a little scared. Also bought the Benefiber no taste and I am gonna put it into my morning coffee and my water jug. I welcome your help and suggestions.

Well the milk of magnesia worked and in a mighty big way. so happy. I was really getting scared. Hoping that the benefiber i bought will help me stay stable. Thank you all for all your help and support down to 238 today.

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/11 9:05 pm
 Think outside the box when it comes to breakfast.  This morning I had leftover chicken soup.  I am 20 mos out, have been at goal for nearly a year, and still don't eat oatmeal or bananas.  Whenever I try, my body turns it into pounds and it also turns on my appetite (esp. the oatmeal).  

I would never eat chicken noodle soup.  First of all, it's canned so has a lot of chemicals in it.  And I try to stay away from processed carbs -- the noodles in the soup are nothing but white flour.  

If you are in the losing phase, here's the deal:  eat meat and green veggies.  Anything else you add to this, do so very carefully.  
MARIA F.
on 3/4/11 12:12 pm - Athens, GA

For breakfast I usually have a protein bar, or sometimes, quiche, oatmeal, or leftovers from the night before.

I hate to say it but with the CRAP BAND it's usually a no win situation. :-( My band has been a complete waste of time and MONEY!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active