pre op?

QUEEN_BROWN72
on 2/3/11 9:04 am - hampton, GA
can anyone tell me what to expect during pre op exactly what will be done?
LaShelle2
on 2/5/11 1:13 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Queen,

I am not sure about Dr. Williams, but I can tell you what I did in my pre-op. It's been a while, so I may leave something out...

1st I did all my pre-op paperwork for hospital admission.

I did blood work I think???

Dr. Houston went over the procedure and made sure I knew what he was doing to me..

I did a pre-op nutrition class and they went over exactly what to eat and drink, comlpications to look for, etc.

I also took it upon myself to visit the bariatric ward at Centennial. I met with as few of the nurses and ckeckewd out the rooms to see where I would be waking up.  That was one of the best things I did for myself pre-op.

The pre-op appt is pretty much the last hurdle. I remember crying in the car when I drove up to the office thinking "this really is happening" WOW.

You should take your support person who willbe caring for you at home.  When you are doped up with anesthesia you won't remember or care about what was taught in the pre-op class :-)

Take a list of questions you want answered.  You willbe nervous and will likely forget to ask some stuff.

Glad to see you've made it to the finish line!

I would love you to come to my support group at Henry Medical 2nd Saturday of each month.  I se you are close by in Hampton.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

QUEEN_BROWN72
on 2/6/11 5:04 am - hampton, GA
Thanks for all of your help on giving me knowledge about pre op and I will be glad to join your support group I will be there the 2nd saturday of March.
Most Active