4 weeks out

April E.
on 1/30/11 12:08 am - Bogart, GA
I am 4 weeks out and I have lost 33 lbs! That is pretty exciting! I am down 2 sizes in pants also. I have had zero problems so far. I am loving my RNY :)  Just wanted to share.

MARTINA P.
on 1/30/11 2:06 am - ROCKMART, GA
 I am so proud of you April, I hope you continue to loose on your weight loss journey.  
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

April E.
on 1/30/11 2:11 am - Bogart, GA
Thanks! Today I had the unfortunate experience of vomiting for the first time since surgery. Not a good feeling, but totally different than vomiting before surgery.

AtHomeRN
on 1/30/11 7:59 am
RNY on 01/31/11 with
So good to hear from you April!  YIPEE for 33lbs!!  That is stellar.  I hope I am able to loose as nicely.  I am also hoping to have a nice smooth recovery as you did.

How long did you take off of work??  If you had to, do you think you could go back at this point....I am taking 4 weeks off, and I am hoping that it will be long enough.

My surgery is in the AM....yep about 18 hours from now!!!

Thanks for the update....happy losing!

Christi
RNY 1/31/2011  
Highest weight - 369
Weight at initial consult - 346
SW-315/CW-235/GW-175
Ticker includes some pre-op loss.      
April E.
on 1/30/11 8:02 am - Bogart, GA
Thanks :) I was only out of work 3 days after surgery...and I already had those off b/c of holiday and weekend. I had surgery on 12/30 (Thursday), 12/31 got out of the hospital (off for holiday), went back to work after the weekend on Monday. I have a desk job though. If I was working in a hospital still I might have had to take a week off.

Fascinated One
on 1/30/11 9:05 am - Atlanta, GA

That is unheard of. Did your surgeon clear you to go back to work that soon? Wow!
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
April E.
on 1/30/11 9:24 am - Bogart, GA
My surgeon said I could go back to work when I felt ready. It's actually not unheard of :) I have seen a number of people post that they had gone back to work within a week. I also spoke to a person who had RNY 3 yrs ago who did the same thing I did. It was no problem for me.

Fascinated One
on 1/30/11 9:35 am - Atlanta, GA
Good lord. Seems like the anesthesia would barely be worn off... Glad your recovery has been uneventful.
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
April E.
on 1/30/11 9:48 am - Bogart, GA
I am a nurse and give advice to people who are sick. I wouldn't have went back to work if I felt I wasn't safe to do that job :) I think I have done incredibly well so far.

LaShelle2
on 2/5/11 1:00 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Guess thats the difference between DS and rny lol.   I still felt like I was dying at 2 months!!!   At 3 days I barely wanted to get out of bed.

It may be worth it in the long run, but a DS will kick your butt as a newbie post-op.
Most Active