OB/GYN in Atlanta/Decatur?

poc98
on 1/26/11 12:51 pm - Scottdale, GA
Can anyone recommend a female OB/GYN who is "obese-friendly" in the Decatur or Atlanta area? I'm also willing to travel outside the perimeter (I work in north Fulton).

I'm just starting the process with my insurance company to consider WLS. I've avoided doctors for years due to my embarrassment over my weight (5'6"; 350 lbs.); however, I'm determined to take charge of my health and well-being. I'd really like to find a new ob/gyn; my last one was pretty ruthless about my weight. I don't mind taking responsibility for my weight; I just don't want to leave the doctor's office feeling horrible about myself (the last one even lectured me about being overweight when I weighed only 160 lbs.).

I'm starting my journey tomorrow with a visit to my internist and then onto start a 6-month weight loss effort. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
brenda549
on 1/27/11 9:05 am - Duluth, GA
I see Azadeh Nezhat.  I started going to her before I had my 4 year old.  I was 320lbs at that time.   She would occassionally speak to me about my weight, especially after getting pregnant, but she was NEVER rude or ruthless.  She was fully supportive and was fantastic and sensitive.  She fully supported me getting WLS as well. 

She is with Atlanta Women's Health Group.  They have an office right at Northside Hospital and one in Alpharetta/John's Creek.  I have been seen at both offices and have nothing but good things to say. 

This is her Northside doctor listing with her offices and numbers. 

http://nside.photobooks.com/directory/profile.asp?dbase=main&setsize=5&last=nezhat&display=Y&radius=5&token=4045891228&pict_id=3183000

I hope this helps!

HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

poc98
on 1/28/11 4:57 am - Scottdale, GA
Thanks so much for the information - I will definitely give them a call!
Most Active