Adipex anyone????

nilesmama08
on 1/19/11 11:40 pm - Atlanta , GA
My PCP prescribed adipex for my six month supervised diet.  It has taken me three months to decide to take adipex.  I started this week.  I lost 4 lbs in two days but it has some side effects. 

I am torn about continuing the drug. It is working great to curb my appetite so it is helping me change to a high protein diet needed for wls.  Also, it is taking some of my weight off for surgery but I am wondering about dealing with the side effects.

Has anyone taken this drug and was it beneficial in the long run? Thanks!

Stephanie
DeniseATL
on 1/20/11 3:56 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey Girl,

I took Adipex on and off for years.  it works great!  Well, until your off of it and gain all the weight back.  I hope you see more sucess than I have!

LaShelle2
on 1/20/11 5:51 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I was on Adipex. Felt like I was in a drug induced haze. Dropped a ton of weight really quick and it came back on as quickly as it left.

I wonder about taking pills before surgery. Especially with diet pills having a history of doing heart damage.

I would try really hard to do something like South Beach and do it naturally.  Or even Weigh****chers low carb program. If I can do a pre-op diet ANYBODY CAN.  I have absolutely zero will power.

As badly as I wanted to lose weight, I just could not tolerate Adipex. I just felt loopy and could not function like a normal person.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

nilesmama08
on 1/20/11 6:51 am - Atlanta , GA
Thanks ladies,

I think I will try for two weeks and then throw in the trash. I don't want any health problems due to this crazy drug. I want my PCP to stop *****ing about my weight at each appointment. Hopefully, she will bug off if I lose a few pounds on my next visit. I don't know why she is obessed about my weight when I plan to have wls.

Stephanie
lerkhart
on 1/20/11 6:59 am
Stephanie,
I took it on and off for years.  It worked as long as I took it, but really made my head feel like I had taken alot of caffeine.  My hands shook so bad I could hardly write sometimes.  I lost weight, but it came back on as soon as I stopped taking it.  I would eventually get used to it and it didn't do as much good.

I would not take it unless my weight loss surgeon said it was ok, especially closer to your surgery date.

Good luck.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
nilesmama08
on 1/20/11 8:04 pm - Atlanta , GA

Thanks Linda,

I decided not to take adipex.  I cannot take drugs on my six month diet according to UHC. So, adipex is going in the trash!  Thanks everyone

Stephanie

toramartin
on 1/21/11 7:42 am - Kingston, GA
Awesome, I have UHC too.  I was on Phentermine for about 6 months and I think that the two are about the same.  You do drop lots of weight but I felt all kinds of crazy .  I was nervy, sick to my stomach, and had constant drymouth.  UHC wouldn't count those 6 months as a supervised weight loss plan either.  Good luck on your journey!
Tora
Most Active