I MADE IT THROUGH!!!! NOW ON LOSER'S BENCH

sbstover
on 12/31/10 1:03 am - Ellijay, GA
I had my surgery on Tuesday and came home yesterday. All went well except they had a problem intubating during surgery which my surgeon said was very scarry. I am feeling pretty good. My throatis pretty soar from the struggle they had with my tube, but other than that, I have had very little pain, only a few minor gas pains. I am now trying to walk and sip, sip, sip. I am still a little tired after I get up for a few minutes and have to rest.
Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. So happy to be on the loser's bench.
Sandra

MARIA F.
on 12/31/10 3:00 am - Athens, GA

Glad your home now. Early out I did the Crystal Light popcicles. That would feel good on your throat also.

Good luck!

Maria
FormerlyFluffy

FormerlyFluffy.com

LynetteT
on 12/31/10 6:42 am - Gwinnett County, GA
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
LaShelle2
on 1/1/11 7:27 am, edited 1/1/11 7:28 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
                          Happy New Year!

What a wonderful way to start 2011. I know it

may not seem all that great now, but you've

given yourself the best gift ever, a new life

for the new year.

Nick E.
on 1/2/11 6:48 am - Duluth, GA
Try SwissMiss No Sugar Added Hot Chocolate mixed with Non Fat Skim Milk and Chocolate Whey protein powder (Cheap stuff from Walmart). The warm liquid goes down easy and you get a generous dose of Protein and water as well. 

MARIA F.
on 1/2/11 12:10 pm - Athens, GA
Nick who did your VSG?

FormerlyFluffy.com

Nick E.
on 1/2/11 8:55 pm - Duluth, GA
Paul Macik at Johns Creek

LaShelle2
on 1/3/11 6:31 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Nick,

just wanted to caution chocholate protein is NOT considered a clear liquid, and is not o****il you are cleared for full liquids. Since OP jist had surgery last week, I'm assuming she has a couple more days yet for creamy liquids.

Also, while that protein from Walmart is cheap, it is NOT the best for post wls. We need Whey Protein Isolate. This is best absorbed in our new altered digestive systems.

The cheap stuff is ok if yhou are on a budget when you are a few months out because your protein is also coming from real food by then.

But newly post ops really do need to splurge and go or the best quality. Since you are surviving ONLY on the shakes, you need the BEST you can get.

Make sure it's Whey Protein Isolate NOT Whey protein, or whey protein concentrate, or soy protein.

Just because it says whey does not mean it is whey protein isolate. 

Good quality protein runs about $25-$55 a canister. If it is super cheap, that should be a red flag to look closely at the labels.

*** btw, glad to see you're posting.

Don't get offended by my post, just want to make sure the newbies get it right :-)

*hugs*
LaShelle

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active