Upcoming surgery!

April E.
on 12/23/10 5:51 am - Bogart, GA
This is my first post on this forum. My surgery is one week away (12/30/10)...excited and nervous about the prospect of changing my life for the better. My surgeon is Dr. Charley Proctor, Jr (Obesity Solutions in Gainesville, GA) and my surgery will be at Northeast Georgia Medical Center. I am scheduled at 11:30am. Everyone send positive vibes my way that day please!
LaShelle2
on 12/23/10 10:52 am, edited 12/25/10 12:31 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Hey April,

Positive Vibes sent!   Glad to see you posting. I see you've been a member since 2004, so I know this has been a long journey for you. It was for me too because my insurance didn't cover it at first. But, waiting all that time makes me appreciate my new life even more.

I am sure everything will go well for you with the surgery and recovery.  Just check in with us when you get home if we can help with anything.

Have a very merry holiday.  This will be the last one at this size. Take lots of pictures!!!  I know it's gonna be hard doing the pre-op diet with food everywhere this weekend, but you can do it!  Just think about skinny jeans every time you are tempted.

Cheers,

LaShelle
April E.
on 12/23/10 11:37 am - Bogart, GA
Thanks so much for your reply!  Yeah this time of the year isn't a good one to be on a liquid diet, but I know it's important so I am sticking to it! Will definitely check in after surgery :)
LynetteT
on 12/24/10 11:14 am - Gwinnett County, GA
Congrats and best wishes for sucessful surgery and speedy recovery are being sent your way.
peachynptc
on 12/25/10 10:32 am - Fayetteville, GA
I wish you blessings galore!! Still have one more month of insurance diet then to see if ins. will pay. You will do great!!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

M U.
on 12/26/10 1:55 am
Best of luck! It is all worth it... check back and let us know how you're doing.
walterswife
on 12/26/10 7:53 am
April,

Welcome to the Georgia board.  I am confident that your surgery will be successful.  Welcome to the family.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

lerkhart
on 12/26/10 11:09 pm
Good luck on your surgery this week April.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
bgprettygrl
on 12/27/10 8:54 am, edited 12/27/10 8:58 am
Congratulations!! I am officially 5 weeks out from surgery myself. Dr. Richard at Obesity Solutions did my surgery and I am very pleased with my progress. The Liquid Diet wasnt sooo bad... I actually lost 66lbs on mine lol

You are gonna be fine!! I loved NE GA Medical Center. They were very attentive to me!!! I am sure your journey will be a good one!! God Bless!!

PS. if my tracker shows 66lbs thats incorrect....I am really down 101lbs total yayyyy me !!

Bgprettygrl

MARIA F.
on 12/27/10 12:25 pm - Athens, GA
Hey April,

I'm in the Athens area. Good luck with your upcomming WLS. You'll do great with the RNY!
Most Active