For what are you thankful?

CColeman
on 11/23/10 10:48 pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Georgia friends!

I am thankful for my 120 pound weight loss due to RNY WLS!
I am thankful that I have had no surgery related issues.
I am thankful to be able to wear decent shoes again, (no ugly orthopedics)
...to be able to cross my legs,
...walk without my thighs rubbing together,
...having more energy and endurance to do what I want to do,
...not being hungry all the time,
...no longer needing to use a CPAP to sleep,
...for being able to buy clothes off the rack and not have to alter them,
...for being able to break some of my old eating habits and dealing with the issues that made me fat in the first place,
...being able to actually eat Thanksgiving dinner this year.(last year I had just had surgery)
The list goes on and on...

For what are you thankful?

curiouscat7
on 11/24/10 1:07 am
Yes yes yes.... thankful for my great surgeon, losing 138 pnds.... being healthy and active.... and a size 6/8 !!!! 

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
LaShelle2
on 11/26/10 9:35 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Well stated Cheryl. It's hard to believe just over a year ago how different I was.  I am so full of energy and life now. I really feel like this surgery was a rebirth!

I have lost over 170 pounds!!!

I have lost more than I weigh. It is just amazing!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

CColeman
on 11/27/10 7:53 am
Wow LaShelle, I didn't realize you had that much to lose!  Has the weight loss slowed any? I have been adding some whole grains and fruit to my diet to slow the loss. You know how we girls like our curves!

LaShelle2
on 11/29/10 1:58 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I didn't know I had that much to lose either LOL. Damn I was BIG!   

Yes, the weight loss has slowed, but I have to eat constantly which is annoying.   I dropped about 10 pounds unexpectedly after my surgery earler this month because I was not able to eat the way I wanted to :-(

I am a size 8-10 now but still curvy in all the right places and I still have very little excess skin:-). 

I would have liked to have stopped about 20 pounds ago, but it just did not happen that way. Some days I want to pull my hair out because I'll get on the scale and be down another pound.  

Pulling Hair Out  1

I just have to take this DS as it goes. I do eat plenty of carbs, and don't count calories or fat or anything. I think I may add protein shakes back to my diet to try to bulk up a little.  I don't want to look crackish. 

Losing 170+ does make you think WoW was I really that HUGE!!!  I mean 170 pounds is considered obese in itself.

I do still LOVE my DS, and it does give you the most normal eating habits post op, and I am pretty confident I'll never gain my weight back,  so I guess I shouldn't complain.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

nilesmama08
on 12/1/10 5:08 am - Atlanta , GA
LaShelle,

You are so funny, LOL! You certainly don't look CRACKISH, lol! You are doing a great job.

Denise,

I am waiting for the day that I can chase my baby around without huffing and puffing. I know it is coming soon but I am trying to remain calm and not too excited. Good luck to your friend! Is that the beautiful blond lady that came to the clothes swap with you?

Stephanie
LaShelle2
on 12/1/10 5:43 am, edited 12/1/10 5:43 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Thanks Stephanie.  I love chasing my little nephews around.  They get tired before I do!  Your little girl is blessed to have a mom that will go through this wls to make a better life for her.  You will be amazed how good you will feel and how full of energy you will be.   The first few weeks are hard as hell, but when you are going through that phase, know it will all be worth it in the long run.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

DeniseATL
on 12/1/10 9:45 pm - Atlanta, GA
Stephanie it is a wonderful feeling and worth every single struggle.  the funny thing is I am still 241 lbs... so once I lose 50 more I am going to think I'm a triathlete lol!!!  Your day is coming and you will be overjoyed.  Oh,  Yes that Blond Bombshell is Alyssa.  Dr. Chasen made sure to get her in for surgery during this plan year and for that we love him even more! 

PinkButtafli
on 12/2/10 3:33 am - Covington, GA
Oh yea, I like that one...Blonde Bombshell! Thank you Denise & Stephanie! You two are gonna make my head big...lol! Can't wait to be a skintee Blonde Bombshell! Dr. Chasen is the man!!! I am ever so thankful for that man and I know I will be even more thankful when my DS is done!!!
PinkButtafli
on 12/2/10 3:39 am - Covington, GA
Hey there Stephanie!

Thank you for the compliment! I really appreciate that and Lord knows I haven't been feeling beautiful, so thank you for that boost. Keep the faith lady your day is coming very soon! I remember waiting patiently while everyone around me was joining the Loser's Bench but now my time has come and I am super excited, grateful and most definitely thankful! Before you know it we'll be sitting on the Loser's Bench together, looking like The Divas that we already are, but even better!

Alyssa
Most Active