New to the GA boards-Introducing Myself

LovelyLadee77
on 11/21/10 10:43 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi Everyone, I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make some WLS friends. I am scheduled for VSG on December 6th (3 days before my 33rd bday). I live in the Campcreek/Airport area and I have a 7.5 month old daughter who is the joy of my life! I'm excited about starting this new life chapter and I look forward to learning, sharing and growing with you all.

Sleevie The Wondertwin is where I rant.......its PG.....mostly
"I like my money right where I can see it....hanging in my closet"-Carrie Bradshaw  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
LaShelle2
on 11/21/10 12:17 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Lovely,

Welcome to the GA Forum. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Don't beat yourself up too much Thursday about the pre-

op diet.   
:-)  

Just be thankful you'll  get one last feast before

the big day.

If there is anything I can do to help you with this journey,

don't hesitate to reach out. 

~LaShelle

WELCOME

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

sassyjonz
on 11/21/10 12:28 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hello and welcome!  And congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  We live in the same area! I live right off of Camp Creek.  How cool is that?  I think it's wonderful you are doing this now.  I wish I had done mine much sooner when I was in my 30s.  That is my ONLY regret.  It is quite a journey but well worth it.

Happy to answer any questions or meet up sometime.

Have a great holiday!

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

LovelyLadee77
on 11/21/10 11:07 pm - Atlanta, GA
Thanks LaShelle and Sassy for the welcome! I'm excited and glad that I finally made this decision for myself! You both look amazing and I'm hoping to experience great results too.

Sassy, I will definitely take you up on that. So I'm in my preop diet phase with surgery right around the corner. Any thoughts, tips, suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

~Lovelyness :)
"I like my money right where I can see it....hanging in my closet"-Carrie Bradshaw  

LaShelle2
on 11/22/10 12:43 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Well, for the pre-op diet, I can just recommend much prayer.   I know it must be hard doing it this week because every other commercial is some gravy laden yummylicious food.

I am not sure exactly how strict your pre-op diet is???  

1. One thing I remember is jello and protein shakes keep you pretty full.

2. Try to mix up the sweet and savory.  There are plenty of fat free soups and low fat soups.

3. Eat lots of salads with tuna and fat free italian dressing.  Load up the veggies.

4.  When you get to the liquid phase, the liquid part from a can of soup tastes better than a can of broth or a boullion cube. Just drain the juice out of the can. Try not to think about wasting the food. :-) You will be wasting  A LOT of food in the upcoming months.  

Just meditite and visualize yourself thin and healthy and happy!

It's the hardest part of the process because technically you can still eat everything you want, you're just working on will power.  But, you can do it!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LovelyLadee77
on 11/22/10 3:18 am - Atlanta, GA
On November 22, 2010 at 8:43 AM Pacific Time, LaShelle2 wrote:
Well, for the pre-op diet, I can just recommend much prayer.   I know it must be hard doing it this week because every other commercial is some gravy laden yummylicious food.

I am not sure exactly how strict your pre-op diet is???  

1. One thing I remember is jello and protein shakes keep you pretty full.

2. Try to mix up the sweet and savory.  There are plenty of fat free soups and low fat soups.

3. Eat lots of salads with tuna and fat free italian dressing.  Load up the veggies.

4.  When you get to the liquid phase, the liquid part from a can of soup tastes better than a can of broth or a boullion cube. Just drain the juice out of the can. Try not to think about wasting the food. :-) You will be wasting  A LOT of food in the upcoming months.  

Just meditite and visualize yourself thin and healthy and happy!

It's the hardest part of the process because technically you can still eat everything you want, you're just working on will power.  But, you can do it!

LaShelle, my preop diet is pretty good. I can essentially have meat and low carb veggies, like greens, green beans etc. and I'm supposed to add in 2-3 protein shakes a day and avoid the "white stuff" like the plague :-)

I'm just really just trying to imagine being full after 3-4 oz of food. I just can't phathom it. One of my OH friends who was recently sleeved said she was full after 2 tiger shrimp **gasps**Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it.

sassyjonz
on 11/22/10 10:24 am - Atlanta, GA
Well, I didn't really have a pre-op diet so I can't really help you much with that.
As far as feeling full on small bits of food after surgery, well, it's really just physics right?  Your stomach is only so big and will only be able to fit so much.  Especially for a few weeks after surgery because your stomach will be swollen from the trauma so it will be EXTRA small.

I remember that I could only get in about a 1/4 of a cup of fluid at a time for the first week when I was on liquids.  Yeah, I was eating that 1/4 of a cup about every hour, but it was just that little bit and I'd be stuffed.  Plus you gotta get your water in too.  You don't want to get dehydrated.

It all seems really hard and difficult those first few weeks, especially because you are feeling like crap.  But it gets better and you slowly get your strength back.  You have to be patient cause the end result is SOOOOO worth it.

Stay mentally strong with that pre-op diet and just focus on getting through your surgery and healing.  My best advice to you is mental focus on healing and recovery.

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

MARIA F.
on 11/22/10 10:35 am - Athens, GA
Welcome to the group. Good luck with your surgery!!!
walterswife
on 11/23/10 12:58 am
Welcome to the board.  You have already gotten some great advice.  I started at the same weight as you are..................The only regret I have is that I didn't do it years ago. 

Best to you.  We are here to support you.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Most Active