new to georgia

cindy calder
on 11/10/10 3:37 am - cleveland, TN
hi all i am new to this area i am in the fort orglethorpe area and trying my hardest to find a doc that takes my medicaid(gbhc) and every doc i call doesn't accept this has anyone had luck finding a provider to do surgery????
sbstover
on 11/10/10 4:11 am - Ellijay, GA
I have Medicaid/Wellcare and am awaiting approval for my surgery. My surgeon is Dr. Ahad Khan at the Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Surgery Institute, P.C in Alpharetta, GA. There # is 770-500-3660. Hope this helps.
Sandra

LaShelle2
on 11/10/10 1:03 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I didn't realize there was a new wls surgeon accepting Medicaid.  Before people were limited to Dr. Titus Duncan and the surgeons in his practice.

I checked out Dr. Khan's page on OH, and he seems to be pretty new? He only has 4 patient reviews. Could you tell us some more about him?

What procedures does he offer?

Which hospital does he work from or is he doing procedures in his office?

How long has he been in practice?

How many surgeries has he done?

Does he have a program fee?

What are his pre-op requirements.

Anything else someone may find helpful?

Thanks for sharing.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

sbstover
on 11/10/10 9:41 pm - Ellijay, GA
Dr. Ahad Khan and Dr. Michael Williams are the surgeons at the Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Surgery Institute, P.C in Alpharetta, GA. Only Dr. Khan is accepting Medicaid at this time. Their practice is a "Center of Excellence" and my surgery will be at Emory Johns Creek Hospital in Alpharetta which is also a "Center of Excellence" facility. The types of surgery they offer are: LAP BAND, VBG, Laparoscopic Sleeves, Gastrectomy and the RNY. You can check out Dr. Khan's credentials at http://www.bariatricsmd.com/DRAhadKhanCV.aspx. I have not been required to pay a program fee. My pre-op requirements were : Clearance from my PCP, Psych. Evaluation, NUT Evaluation, Cardiac Clearance and a 6-month Dr. supervised diet within the last 2 years. I have only met with Dr. Khan at my consultation, but was very impressed by him. He is very straight forward and does not sugar-coat anything (I like that a lot). He told me that if I did everything he asked of me, he would do everything in his power to help me achieve my goal. The staff at his office are great. Stephanie is the Practice Manager and a RNY patient herself. Jacque is the Insurance Coordinator and Surgery Scheduler and tells you everything you will need to get your surgery approved with whatever insurance provider you have. I have been told by post-op patients that she's very good at getting you approved. I have completed all of the pre-op requirements and my PCP has promised to get the last of my paperwork to Jacque by tomorrow. Then, I'll just have to wait for approval (hope it's not too long). So far, I have been very pleased with Dr. Khan and his staff and am looking forward to starting my new life on the "Loser's Bench".

birthdaygirl
on 11/10/10 10:17 pm - Lithonia, GA
I have Medicaid...Peachstate plan and my surgery was performed by Dr. Larry Hobson with Peachtree Surgical and Bariatics Group which as Lashelle states is Dr. Titus Duncan's group....They are excellent doctors...Dr. Hobson is wonderful in skill and in bedside manner....Seminar first at Atlanta Medical Center which is where you have the surgery, then they give you a packet to have required clearances done, Pscyh, nut eval, cardiac, pcp, etc.  He does not require a 6 month diet...I f you have comorbidities and get all your paperwork in fast they will submit it fast.  after all my stuff ws done and submitted to my insurance I was blessed by God to have a surgery date on the first try in 3 days......Dr. Hobson did my surgery and I have had no complications or problems...They only do Lapband, RNY, and the sleeve...They don't do DS...so if you want a DS I don't know if Medicaid will cover that surgery...Good luck

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
tammie T.
on 12/3/10 11:18 pm - Calhoun, GA
Hi my surgeon is Dr. Ahad Khan too, I live in Calhoun Ga. I just love him and his staff they are all wonderful! I am on Ga. Wellcare and he does accept it and his staff does all the ins. stuff for you they got me approved in 24 hours after submitting paper work!

Most Active