SHBP Cigna HRA...DS surgeon?

Susan82397
on 11/3/10 9:57 pm - Cochran, GA
Hi everyone,

I have SHBP Cigna HRA insurance and am looking to have the DS. Does anyone know if there are surgeons in GA that perform this and are part of the Cigna network? Thanks so much!!
DeniseATL
on 11/3/10 10:39 pm - Atlanta, GA
I used Dr. Chasen in Augusta and he is awesome.  If you want to know anything about him let me know.  One of my best friends is having surgery with him Dec 7.  She is really excited.  Good luck to you.  Have you completed all of your requirements?

LaShelle2
on 11/4/10 12:18 am, edited 11/4/10 12:26 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Susan, you may want to consider  Surgeons from other states too. I traveled out of state to Nashville TN for my DS. I found it to be an easy process.

Dennis Smith is in Marietta, but I'm not sure if he ever got in network with shbp? He's been trying to get in network for a few years.

If Smith is not in network,  I would definitely reccomend Dr. Chasen.  I would not put off my surgery waiting for Dr. Smith to get his act together.

Whatever you do, don't get frustrated and settle for a different wls because the DS is not as accesible.  Many of us have to travel and make sacrifices for the DS, but it is well worth the easily manageble  lifestyle and excellent results.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Susan82397
on 11/4/10 1:20 am - Cochran, GA
Thanks. Dr. Smith is not in network, from what I have found, so I am looking at Dr. Chasen.  I am excited about starting the process! I am going to call Dr. Chasen's office today.  :)
LaShelle2
on 11/29/10 2:17 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Susan, how is the DS surgeon search going?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active