FYI.. A contest by Allergan regarding Lap Band for anyone interested

Paula Duncan, RN
BS CBN, Northside...

on 10/25/10 12:45 am - Atlanta, GA
About The Live My C.H.O.I.C.E.
Contest Program

Through the stories of real people, the
Live My C.H.O.I.C.E. Contest Program aims to raise awareness of the challenges those 100 pounds or more overweight face, highlighting the critical need to ensure access to treatment.

The Contest Program provides the opportunity for three inspirational individuals to be selected to receive a LAP-BAND® Adjustable Gastric Banding System procedure, performed by a certified LAP-BAND® System surgeon of their choice, and one year of follow-up care, compliments of Allergan, Inc. These individuals will publicly share their long-term struggle with weight loss in an effort to inspire others to reclaim their health and their lives. As part of this Contest Program, Allergan will provide all entrants the opportunity to receive free telephone consultations with a health educator who can provide one-on-one support, such as assistance in finding a local patient seminar, access to more information and resources regarding the LAP-BAND® System.

The contest runs from September through December. To qualify for the contest, people must meet the clinical criteria for the LAP-BAND® System procedure: Body Mass Index (BMI) of at least 40; BMI of at least 35 with one or more serious comorbid conditions; or at least 100 pounds over their ideal weight as determined by a physician. Those interested in entering the contest must submit a short essay or video at
www.LapbandChoiceContest.com about how their weight has impacted their health and life, and why the LAP-BAND® System may be the tool to help achieve their weight-loss goal. A family member or close friend may also enter the contest on a person's behalf.

More information about the contest, including details on the rules and eligibility, can be accessed at
www.LapbandChoiceContest.com.

MARIA F.
on 10/25/10 10:57 am - Athens, GA
Hmmmmmm.............how about helping these "inspirational individuals" by giving them a WLS that is more effective than the Lap Band?!

I STONGLY suggest that anyone interested in entering this contest go on the revision forum and look and see how many ppl are revising FROM the band!!! Feel free to PM any of those "inspirational individuals". I'm sure they would be more than happy to tell you about their experiences with the Lap Band!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active