SHBP: Cigna or United?

daphironi
on 10/16/10 4:21 am - covington, GA
I have had the United plan for a year. I want to know if you guys think the process of getting approved for the surgery is easier on Cigna or United? I know they both take 6 months, but my doctor just wants to write a letter and by pass the diet. Can i do that with Cigna?
LaShelle2
on 10/16/10 11:53 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
They're both pretty much the same. No, you can't bypass the diet. Sorry. But, you can go ahead and start the diet and support group sessions now and get a head start for next year.

If you already have a surgeon or hospital in mind, that may help you decide. Cigna and UHC have different hospitals in network. 

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

CColeman
on 10/16/10 12:33 pm
I had UHC HRA. Everything went smoothly and just as planned. LaShelle is right about the diet and meetings. Go ahead and start on those now.

lerkhart
on 10/18/10 2:25 am
I had UHC HRA and didn't have any problems getting approved.  I'm pretty sure you can't bypass any part of the requirements.  I had to do the 6 months supervised diet and 6 months of counseling or support groups, but once that was finished I was approved the next day.
Good luck.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active