Body Magic Covered By Insurance - Woo Hoo!!!

LaShelle2
on 9/27/10 11:55 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
You may have seen the Body Magic shaping garment at an OH Conference, vendor fair,  or support meeting. They even do in home Tupperware Party type demos. 

Basically it's a super effective shaping garment that works wonders to redistribute excess skin and fat especially in the mid section.

Now, the manufacturers claim it helps you lose weight because it has a super thick panel of this magical material in the tummy area and it burns belly fat, but we all know that's a bunch of bull. If we could wear a magical undergarment and be skinny, none of us would have had to pursue wls, right?  

So, I just take it for what it is, a great body shaper.  And believe me, it DOES work magic shaping you.

Now, the Body Magic retails around $150-170 which puts it out of reach for many of us.  It just seems a bit pricey for my budget for a girdle.

OK, so here's the good news.... I was at a chiropractor appointment yesterday, and Dr. Evans mentioned to me the Body Magic would be covered by Cigna as durable medical equipment.  It is submitted as a device to help with back pain caused by my excess skin *wink-wink*. 

I was like whatever, if you can get me this thing at a 15% co-pay, order it asap!

But seriously, I know many of my surgery sisters and brothers really are suffering from a debilitating amount of excess tummy skin and either don't care to have plastics or can't afford it right now.

I thought it was worth mentioning to you guys. 

Now, I assume you need to get this ordered by a physician to make the insurance process run more smoothly.  Dr. Evans mentioned you do need to come in for a consult to evaluate your condition, measure you, and to teach you how to properly use the  "medical device" in order for insurance to cover it.

I am not sure if any other physicians in the area sell body magic, but here is Dr. Evan's info if you're interested:

Healing Hands Chiropractic and Wellness Center
             550 Eagle's Landing Pkwy
             Suite 205
             Stockbridge, GA 30281
             770-389-4325

www.healinghandschiropracticandwellnesscenter.com

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LaShelle2
on 9/28/10 12:03 am, edited 9/28/10 12:06 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
You may have seen the Body Magic shaping garment at an OH Conference, vendor fair,  or support meeting. They even do in home Tupperware Party type demos. 

Basically it's a super effective shaping garment that works wonders to redistribute excess skin and fat especially in the mid section.

Now, the manufacturers claim it helps you lose weight because it has a super thick panel of this magical material in the tummy area and it burns belly fat, but we all know that's a bunch of bull. If we could wear a magical undergarment and be skinny, none of us would have had to pursue wls, right?  

So, I just take it for what it is, a great body shaper.  And believe me, it DOES work magic shaping you.

Now, the Body Magic retails around $150-170 which puts it out of reach for many of us.  It just seems a bit pricey for my budget for a girdle.

OK, so here's the good news.... I was at a chiropractor appointment yesterday, and Dr. Evans mentioned to me the Body Magic would be covered by Cigna as durable medical equipment.  It is submitted as a device to help with back pain caused by my excess skin *wink-wink*. 

If you are still losing, insurance will only cover 1 per year. It is adjustable, so you can order it snug and adjust it as you lose more.

I was like whatever, if you can get me this thing at a 15% co-pay, order it asap!

But seriously, I know many of my surgery sisters and brothers really are suffering from a debilitating amount of excess tummy skin and either don't care to have plastics or can't afford it right now.

I thought it was worth mentioning to you guys. 

Now, I assume you need to get this ordered by a physician to make the insurance process run more smoothly.  Dr. Evans mentioned you do need to come in for a consult to evaluate your condition, measure you, and to teach you how to properly use the  "medical device" in order for insurance to cover it.

I am not sure if any other physicians in the area sell body magic, but here is Dr. Evan's info if you're interested:

Healing Hands Chiropractic and Wellness Center
             550 Eagle's Landing Pkwy
             Suite 205
             Stockbridge, GA 30281
             770-389-4325

www.healinghandschiropracticandwellnesscenter.com

DeniseATL
on 9/28/10 1:54 am - Atlanta, GA
I am definately interested!  I wonder if it would assist in back issues from my Breast?

LaShelle2
on 9/28/10 2:03 am, edited 9/28/10 2:06 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
It should, since it helps with posture. I was thinking of it purely from a vanity standpoint, but I guess it would have a legitimate medical benefit as well.

I also disovered our insurance covers up to 12 masage visits per year. I already had my 1st session, and I will definitely be taking advantage of the remaining 11 by December 31. 

Dr. Evans also has a massage therapist in her office.

***Mention  you were referred by Obesity Help and Dr. Evans will waive any co-pay your insurance charges.  You'll just have to pay the co-pay for the Body Magic!

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

talksoupslp
on 10/10/10 10:34 pm
okay, what do I have to do to get it to cover the massage visits???????????

I'm desperate here!  Long involved story, but suffice it to say...much stress...much pain...much depression...

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
talksoupslp
on 10/11/10 2:49 am
LaShelle,
do you have the HRA or HDHP?  I have the HDHP and was told massage therapy IS NOT covered.  They will however cover 20 chiropractic visits. 

-TS

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
LaShelle2
on 10/13/10 10:52 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
hey TS. Sorry for the delayed reaction, I spent the weekene in Houston, TX being wined and dined by my latest beau. You know the life of a skinny diva is so busy :-)

I have the HRA plan.  Why don't you call Dr. Evans and ask her how she is billing for the massages.  I'm not sure, but she advised me I have 12 visits per year covered.  I am definitely taking advantage of every one between now and Dec 31.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Most Active