Winter Holiday Party GA Forum Reunion!!!

LaShelle2
on 9/27/10 1:08 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
No, I am not crazy thinking of the Winter Holidays already.

Yes,  we just barely got out of the 90's just today thank goodness, but it's already time for us to start thinking about our annual Holiday Party.

Last year's party was great with good food, drinks, dirty Santa gift exchange, and dancing!  I hope this year will be bigger and better.

Since it takes time to plan and get a place reserved, I'd like us to start thinking of ideas now.

There are so many of us that started this journey together that I haven't seen in forever, and also a lot of newbies and lurkers that have not made it out to any events yet.   I would like this year's party to be a reunion of sorts, so we can all get together again and celebrate our victories and our new lives. 

I think we'll definitely need name tags because I won't recognize so many people! Our group is shrinking - literaly!

I am working with a group of GA OH'ers to plan something. We would like this to be accesible to everyone, so our goal is to have this event be FREE or minimal cost. 

Tentative dates are Saturday December 11, or 18.

Please indicate if you are interested in coming, so we can have an idea of haw many people to prepare for and the size venue we will need. 

winteriscoming.jpg winter image by wies121
DeniseATL
on 9/27/10 1:41 am - Atlanta, GA
Lashelle

I cant come the 18 but if its the 11th i will definitely try and be there just let me know the times...if you need help with arranging anything let me know!

LaShelle2
on 9/27/10 2:00 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Ok Denise. Right now we're just trying to get an idea of what date everybody would like because December is such a busy month with work parties, and family parties, travel, etc. 

Also trying to determine whether it will be better to do an at home party or something at a venue.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

MzTiff
on 9/27/10 4:07 am, edited 9/27/10 8:59 am - Lithonia, GA
I'm in. Just let me know how I can help/contribute. The 11th may be better than the 18th, but I am open for either one right now... (it's September, hadn't got any invites yet:):). A Friday (night), or Sunday (evening) may be nice too........

HW-  255       SW- 239     GW-150      CW- 143 (uh!!!! 4 more lbs needed for 100) 
LaShelle2
on 9/27/10 6:01 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Ok Tif. 11th is actually better for me and all the other Dr. Houston Patients too, because our holiday party at  Centennial is the 17th and several of us will be staying overnight.

Maybe it  would be better anyway becasue people get bogged down with shopping and family stuff later in December.

Do you think this should be a family thing or grown ups only?
lenora05
on 9/27/10 4:49 am - duluth, GA
any date is good for me.
sassyjonz
on 9/27/10 11:15 am - Atlanta, GA
I'll be getting back from a business trip on the 10th but I guess if the majority want the 11th, I'll try to make it.

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

walterswife
on 9/27/10 12:11 pm
I am open for either date.  Walter is always ready for a celebration so count me in for 2.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

MARTINA P.
on 9/27/10 12:39 pm - ROCKMART, GA
I would be interested in participating.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

LaShelle2
on 11/29/10 2:25 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Martina. Are you still coming to the party. I really want to meet you, and I think this will be a good chance for you to meet a lot of DSers. We are a rare find you know.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active