As promised

CColeman
on 9/26/10 5:07 am
Thanks all.

My only regret is that I couldn't have done this 20 years, or at least 10, years ago! I will just have to settle for feeling 20 years younger, but having my skin look 10 years older!

walterswife
on 9/26/10 9:39 am
CC, you look WONDERFUL.  I know you have people who walk right by you and don't know who you are.

As for the skin.............I can identify with you on that one.  And contratulations on the muscles.  LOL

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

CColeman
on 9/26/10 10:55 am
Yes, actually I have had many people, even family, students and coworkers who have not seen me in several months walk by with no recognition at all. It is really strange and quite fun. My mother was the strangest case though.
A family friend for whom my mother had be caring for several months recently died. I dressed in black and pulled my hair back. I don't wear my hair back often. As I walked in for the viewing, Mom was standing beside the casket with her eyes blurred with tears talking to a fellow mourner. I stood patiently by as she talked. (I was raised not to inturrupt two adults talking) Finally my mother put her hand out to shake and said " Hello, I'm D---- C--------. As the last syllables of her name left her lips she let out a small gasp and grabbed me and started sobbing, "I'm sorry, I so sorry, I didn't recognize you with these tears in my eyes!"
Granted, she had not seen me in a month, and I am sure that how I look now is not the image she has in her head when she thinks of her daughter, but still it was quite strange to say the least. I told her it would take a long time to live that one down!

walterswife
on 9/26/10 12:41 pm
The tears had nothing to do with it.  It's just going to take time for all your folks to get used to the "new you."  What happened with your mother reminds me of what happened in July at our polling place.  As I entered my husband (who had just seen me that morning) was walking towards the table where they give you the sticker after you have voted.

He looked in my direction and right at me as I wanked into the place which is a church gymnasium.  The first two times he looked at me and then looked away.  The third time I was closer and started waiving at him which made him look closer and harder.  Finally he said, "oh hi!"  Like your mother, he didn't want to admit the fact that he didn't recognize me.  I agree with you, though, it's fun!

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

LaShelle2
on 9/27/10 12:02 am, edited 9/27/10 12:03 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
*smile*

The same thing happened to me recently with my own mom. I felt kinda weird, sad even that my own mom didn't recognize me. 

It's moments like those that you really do realize just how much you've changed!  It truly is amazing.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

lerkhart
on 9/26/10 9:39 am
You look amazing!!  Congratulations on your success.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
LynetteT
on 9/26/10 1:57 pm - Gwinnett County, GA
Absolutely Wonderful!  Congrats on your success.
LaShelle2
on 9/27/10 12:10 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
 WOW!!!! You look damned good! 

I remember the first time we ever met at Dr. Smith's vendor fair and you were just getting started.  Wow how we have changed. Life is good ain't it? 

You truly are a beautiful lady.  You always were, even when you were fluffy :-).

I am so happy for you. This is an amazing gift God has given you.  Cheri**** and nurture it forever.

beautiful.jpg beautiful image by bodnar4342

~LaShelle
CColeman
on 9/27/10 11:40 am
Hopefully our "fluffy" days are gone forever! You have made quite a transformation yourself! Did you think a year ago you would be gleefully posting "sexy swimsuit pics"?

Hope to see you all soon.

Most Active