Recently at Northside?

aseg21
on 9/2/10 3:54 am - Miami, FL
Has anyone recently had surgery at Northside? Most of the reviews are pre-renovation, so they are pretty misleading. My husband is coming with me and won't be leaving for the 2 days I'm there and I don't know what to tell him to expect.

I haven't asked anyone and it just occurred to me that the rooms might not be private - yikes!
Paul C.
on 9/2/10 4:35 am - Cumming, GA
I was there 3 weeks ago and it is a very nice facility.  The rooms are older than say Emory Johns Creek but they are private.  All of the staff are awesome and more than willing to answer questions.  Danielle and Sabrina are the greatest.

I had my procedure at Emory Johns Creek which is also a nice facility but both are a Center For Excellence award holders so you have little to worry about at either hospital.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
kderry9138
on 9/2/10 8:49 pm - Powder Springs, GA
I am at Northside as we speak....room 410 to be exact.  My husband did not stay.  I felt like I would get more sleep without him here because I would be worrying about whether or not he was bored, him watching TV if I wanted it off or vice versa.....having to get up every 4 hours and walk wold not have been good for his sleep schedule.  I could take meds and go back to sleep.  He would have been miserable.  But you may feel differently.....I do believe they have a roll away they can bring in.  My room is private.  I don't remember any of the rooms on the bariatric hall being shared...I believe they are all private.  The only food for hubby would be McDonalds and I believe it closes around 8ish.  The staff is great and very friendly.   I was not allowed anything to drink after surgery until the following morning once I passed my leak test, and I was given a grape popcicle.....best popcicle ever!  My throat was so dry and the swabs they gave me barely helped.  I really needed to swallow and my mouth wasn'tproducing spit due to the diladid pain med.  I brought my laptop and used it quite a bit to facebook and e-mail......did not read magazines.  I also brought a mask to cover my eyes while it was light...a lifesaver.  Let me know if you have any more questions.  It is a great hospital.

The greatest legacy a mother can leave her children is the quality of her own life. ~Unknown
HW-285 - Pre-op 270 - GW 150        
Most Active