mad as hell with shbp!!!!!!!!!

LeahA
on 8/29/10 5:57 pm - Atlanta , GA
LaShelle,
I have Coventry and I don't think they cover it.  Before that I had United Health Care and they didn't cover it.  I had BCBS and they didn't cover it.  Most insurance companies have clauses in them stating this. 

I have to read the fine print for Coventry though because it might actually cover something like breast reconstruction or skin removal for other issues, but I haven't done so yet because I have been a little preoccupied with my current situation... aka being pregnant.

We are lucky that our insurance companies approved us for surgery.  Some have excluded that as well and people are having to jump through hoops and basically spend their days and nights fighting to get healthy. 

I think the big thing here is to realize that if it is a legitimate reason you are trying to have this done then fight it.  Arms and legs are something that I think can be lived with.  Unfortunately bellies and boobs are something that is a little more difficult. 

I am willing to fight with you on this.  I, TOO, want to have some work done.  Not because I want to be the perfect size 8 or anything, but because it is difficult for me on a daily basis to live with boobs that sag to my belly and a belly that sags to my thighs.  It pulls and causes problems. 

So you tell me where you want to go with this fight and I am there with you.  I want to get my work done too so if we work together, even though our insurance is different, maybe we can get something out of this!! :)
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
Most Active