Another Slider Question...

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 8/22/10 3:34 am
  Ok, so, if we are supposed to chew our food until it's the consistency of apply sauce, doesn't that turn the food into slider food?  If this is correct, what food would ever remain in our pouch to prevent us from feeling hungry?  I am so confused. 

"'I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle...but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."-- Marilyn Monroe

LaShelle2
on 8/26/10 3:30 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hope, just try to stick with:

protein 1st
veggies 2nd if you have any room left
then carbs last and in moderation 

If you stick to this, you will find you'll be most successful long term.

You will never be able to fit in as much steak or chicken no matter how well chewed, as you could chips or crackers.   If I tried, I could get down most of a family size bag of chips or popcorn over the course of a good movie (been there and done it post-DS, and yes it's true I've tested my limits and I  really can eat the whole damned thing with no side effects)!   I could never get down that much meat.  (keep in mind I am a DS'er with a bigger sleeve volume than a rny pouch volume , but still the same concept...) 

It is especially frustrating early out because those crunchy (cookies, crackers, chips) and slider foods **** cream, cheesecake, smoothies, pudding .... mmmm full fat, full sugar bananna pudding with extra nilla wafers...  - sorry for the mini food-gasm intermission... now where was I? ) go down sooo easy, and you have to fight to get the protein down. 

Isn't it just evil how you can get down a whole slice of full fat cheesecake, but  2 bites of grilled chicken breast makes you gag???

When you're tempted to bend the rules a little think about how hard you fought and prayed for your rny!  Don't self sabotage.  

The habits you are forming now are going to make a world of  difference 3 years from now when your pouch has stretched and you have tested your  dumping limits to see how much sweet stuff you can get in before you have an "episode".    Then what you eat will be more from will power than restriction alone.  Think of this newbie period as a  boot camp to prepare you for your future.

I know it is hard, but try, try, try, to be a good rny'er. :-)

If TRYing doesn't work, just visualise yourself being bald, toothless, and jiggly form not getting enough protein from real food (not shakes)... that should do the trick . hee hee hee...

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active