I've been sleeved!

michelle202
on 8/6/10 8:57 am - GA
I went in on Wednesday for my sleeve. It was all very uneventful. The hospital (Emory @ John's Creek) is very homey and comfy. The nurses on the bariatric floor are darling.

Immediately after surgery I was groggy and nauseous. I expected that. Pain was at about a 7. I just requested my pain meds every 4 hours. I wasn't setting out to be a super hero, and I figured with the pain meds in me I would be more successful in walking. Which I was! I was up and walking every 2-3 hours. I tolerated fluids immediately. My leak test was early Thursday morning, and by about 3PM I was discharged to go home.

I walked around Kroger before stopping home. I had to pick up some yogurt, and blender bottle, and some Sf ice pops. Once home, the kids were all really good about not touching my belly at all. I slept a bit here and there yesterday, and last night I slept like a rock.

Today I have been pretty successful as well. I have managed to get in 2 protein shakes, and 1 bottle of Ispoure Plus, and lots of Crystal Light Iced Tea. I think all in all I have had over 36oz of fluids so far for today.

Tomorrow my sister who has been with me this week leaves, and my other sister flies in. She and the hubby will be taking the kids to the aquarium, and I will enjoy some silence to myself. I promise not to over do it while they aren't' here.

I'm so excited to be on the losers bench!  Thank you all for your support!

Michelle

micvsgmom.com

Kenwillmore
on 8/6/10 9:56 am
Glad to hear you are doing ok, glad to have you on the losers bench. 

HW: 258 SW: 248 GW: 150  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/
LynetteT
on 8/6/10 12:36 pm - Gwinnett County, GA
Thats great Michelle!  Thanks for the report about Johns Creek.  Dr Macik works out of there and i hope to have my surgery there.  Take Care and enjoy ur "me" day tomorrow.
brenda549
on 8/8/10 2:29 am - Duluth, GA
I had my surgery with Macik at Emory John's Creek and was overly pleased with the experience!
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

MARIA F.
on 8/6/10 1:25 pm - Athens, GA
Congrats! Wish I had gotten the sleeve!!!
LeahA
on 8/6/10 11:20 pm - Atlanta , GA
I am so excited for you!  We have to get together when the kids are in school and you are feeling better!!
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
MzTiff
on 8/6/10 11:56 pm - Lithonia, GA
I saw the first post on the VSG board, and I am glad you posted here.  I am SO, SO, SO, SO glad to hear everything went well.  You were in my prayers Wednesday morning.  I will call you Sunday to check on you .

Take Care of you Michelle!!!!!

( I can't believe I have two weeks to go.... UHHHHHHH!!!!!)
Fascinated One
on 8/8/10 12:56 am - Atlanta, GA
Good to know the surgery was boring and uneventful. Yay you!
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
brenda549
on 8/8/10 2:29 am - Duluth, GA
Congratulations!!!!  The best part of the journey has begun for you!
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

walterswife
on 8/8/10 12:13 pm
Glad you are doing well.   And yes, Emory John's Creek is a wonderful hospital.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Most Active