Haven't been around...

talksoupslp
on 7/24/10 11:32 am
Just read through some of the posts to catch up.  Seems like it's been forever since I've been on OH.  My weight loss is stuck at the 205 pounds lost mark (I lose a pound, I gain a pound...).  Part of it is hormonal - with the weight loss came some heavy periods and I'm on a 3rd birth control this year.  Part of it - I'm not perfect.  I just realized today that since school ended, I haven't journaled my food consistantly.  I also haven't been going to the gym as much as I'd like in the last month or 6 weeks.  I've been having sleeping/fatigue difficulty...probably related to my autoimmune disease.  I go back to the PCP soon.  Though, I did have a sleep study and I officially no longer meet the criteria for being diagnosed with sleep apnea!!!!!  Part of it is stress - my mom has been home on Hospice care since the end of March.  At the time, they expected her to survive about 2 weeks.  She's still kicking and doing pretty well considering her situation (end stage kidney disease).  Then there is the good stress...I got engaged for my birthday in June and we turned our previously planned vacation in Hawaii into an elopement/honeymoon!  Now, I'm planning a reception for September.

By the way, wedding dress shopping in a size 18 was wonderful!  I felt like a princess in nearly every dress I tried on!  I can't imagine having gone dress shopping 200 pounds ago!

Busy life!  Hope everyone is well!

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
LaShelle2
on 7/24/10 1:19 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

congratsjms.gif Wedding Congrats image by loopylaura_04

Hey, it's so good to hear from you. I didn't realize the wedding had already happened. Wow how time flies. You look beautiful. I never would have recognized you!  

200 pounds lost OMG!!! That's amazing!  

Don't stress about the 205. I know every body wants to be 199, but if that's where you are today, accept it for what it is.  Seems like you recognize some things that are slowing down progress, so do what you gotta do to get the ball rolling again.  Though IMO you look fine just the way you are :-) everybody is not meant to be a skinny minnie (me included) .

I am very sorry to hear about your mom.  I'm glad she got the chance to see you happy and married and had a chance to meet your husband. I know it must mean a lot to her to know you'll have someone to care for you when she's not here anymore. 

Sending big hugs and a kick in the butt  (in that order) to get back on track with your journaling and working out.  We are so NOT getting onto a rut and allowing that scale to move in the opposite direction! We shbp veteran crew fought too hard for this wls in 2008-09 to not make the best of it.

3f7190ac.gif Hugs image by amyjayne10
AndreaH09
on 7/25/10 1:43 am
Congratulations - love the picture!  How exciting!!!
So glad you touched base with us.
Sounds like you have had a lot going on in your life - - - all of which would definitely have an effect on your eating/exercise habits.
You look GREAT!
HW 251/SW 239/CW 183/GW 150  height= 5'5"

lerkhart
on 7/26/10 2:43 am
Congratulations on your wedding.  You made a beautiful bride - I love your dress.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

Take care of yourself.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active