0-2 in the puree meals ... any suggestions?

CPGinGA
on 7/21/10 3:16 am - Marietta, GA
Day 7 and I was so ready for some puree food...

Breakfast: I threw in 3 small pieces of watermelon, a cup of water and 1/2 scoop of whey and gave the ol' magic bullet a spin. It looked sooooo good from the outside, but alas, it didn't turn out as wonderful as I hoped! 

Then I purposely got some wonton soup last night and threw in a wonton into the ol' magic bullet. I have to say that I was grossed out on how it looked. It didn't taste great :( I think I am better off with just the broth and then have something else for protein.

As you can see, I am 0-2 ... anybody got some great suggestions for puree meals? I'm open, please :)

Thanks!

curiouscat7
on 7/21/10 4:05 am
Ok.... from Yankee to Yankee... I'm gonna say straight up... PUT AWAY THE CARBS!!!!!!!!!

What , wonton, watermelon... 7 days out... please read the sheet Macik gave you.... plain broth, plain liquids....... mushies with NO CARBS..... Protein shakes....jello,ice pops etc etc etc

Just follow the rules and if in doubt call the office.... but you need to be vigilant early out.... I didn't eat any carbs for 4 months..... seriously only got my carbs from veggies.... you will  be thankful  later

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
LeahA
on 7/21/10 7:03 am - Atlanta , GA
I have to agree with CC.  I did only popsicles, jello, broth, and isopure drinks.  There were days I lived only on popsicles and broth because I couldn't or didn't feel like eating anything at all but forced myself for the liquid.  If you sabotage yourself now, it will only make it harder later when you can add more food because the foods you will be adding will not be new and you will start adding things that you shouldn't. 

I don't mean to sound mean.  I just want you to be successful.  The reason so many people put down weight loss surgery is because of all the failure that the media jumps on.  If they could see all the success, it might be looked upon as a more favorable way to lose weight.

I am 6 years out, having my second post WLS baby, and know that when I am not pregnant anymore, I will have the tools to get back to my prepregnancy weight and wls goal. 

I hope you didn't take what I said the wrong way.  I know how hard it is in the beginning.  It does get better and I truly believe that great acheivements are worth the struggle to acheive them.
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
Most Active