Just got approved!!!!!

kderry9138
on 7/20/10 3:04 am - Powder Springs, GA
So now what?  I have to call and schedule the surgery.......I am freaking out!  I am going to a support group tonight so the timing couldn't be more perfect!  I can't believe this is actually going to happen for me!!!!!  Today is the beginning of a new life!!!!!

The greatest legacy a mother can leave her children is the quality of her own life. ~Unknown
HW-285 - Pre-op 270 - GW 150        
LaShelle2
on 7/20/10 3:45 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Congrats.  Now, just call the office and ask them to get you a date. Spend the next few weeks really trying to stick to a low carb diet, order protein and vitamin samples, get the house clean and in order, throw away your FAT winter clothes (you'll be much smaller by the time it get's cold), make sure all the bills are caught up, get your leave request for work, update your will if you need to...

You'll have a zillion things to do to keep you busy the next few weeks :-)  You'll be glad to get to the OR, so you can get some rest.

623.gif Congrats-butterfly image by va_mousejaci
Neb
on 7/20/10 4:51 am
Congrats!!!  Excited for you - I know yesterday you were worried about the approval.  Good job!  What kind of surgery have you decided to have?  I have heard GREAT things about Dr. Macik...wish I could use him...(my insurance doesn't cover him)  :(  Anyways - good luck!!
Valarie R.
on 7/25/10 4:35 am
Awesome, practical advice... I love it!!!
DarleneR
on 7/20/10 6:00 am
Yay!! Congrats!
michelle202
on 7/20/10 6:37 am - GA
Congratulations!!!!
micvsgmom.com

AndreaH09
on 7/20/10 12:57 pm
It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?  Congratulations!
HW 251/SW 239/CW 183/GW 150  height= 5'5"

CColeman
on 7/20/10 1:03 pm
Yea!! Just call and get your date!

atlanta_living
on 7/20/10 1:23 pm

LaShelle,
Funny you should mention clearing winter clothes out of the closet because I just starting doing that this past weekend.  I told my husband that I won't be wearing these sizes when the cool weather comes so I might as well get them bagged & ready to donate.  Now he's worried about the cost of a replacement wardrobe!  What a dream come true!

Helen

“You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are.?  ~Joyce Meyer~

Ht 5'0" /Consult Wt: 214 /Surg Wt: 205 /Goal Wt: 125 / Current Wt: 119       
LaShelle2
on 7/20/10 11:31 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
You will be best friends with your local Goodwill and Consignment stores if you're anything like me.  

I'll be doing another clothes swap in October with my support group, so maybe we can exchange some winter clothes then. There were tons of clothes swapped at the last one...

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active