Two wonderful websites

CPGinGA
on 7/14/10 11:33 am - Marietta, GA
While being laid up in the hospital, I learned about two wonderful websites to visit bariatriceating.com and chefdave.org. Very intriguing sites.

I would like to express the importance of how walking as much as you can is very important after surgery. The gas bubbles you will have will decrease dramatically!

I feel GREAT!!!

kderry9138
on 7/14/10 12:18 pm - Powder Springs, GA
Thank you for this.  I look forward to having to use them.  I am still waiting for my approval.  I am using Dr. Macik too.  I live in Powder Springs, just outside Marietta.  After you got your approval from insurance, how long was it before you had the surgery?  What type of diet does Dr. macik put you on before the surgery day?

The greatest legacy a mother can leave her children is the quality of her own life. ~Unknown
HW-285 - Pre-op 270 - GW 150        
CPGinGA
on 7/14/10 12:22 pm - Marietta, GA
They are great websites indeed. As for approval, I started this process in January and was approved July 1. You should call Tiffany tomorrow to set up a surgery date now - this way they have you on the books. As for the diet, it was a lo/no carb diet two weeks before hand. It was hard at first, but it it managable.

Good luck and keep us all posted!

kderry9138
on 7/14/10 3:11 pm - Powder Springs, GA
Will Tiffany set up the date before I get approval?

The greatest legacy a mother can leave her children is the quality of her own life. ~Unknown
HW-285 - Pre-op 270 - GW 150        
CPGinGA
on 7/14/10 8:28 pm - Marietta, GA
She can, yes, but I set one up with her in advance as not to interfere with my job.

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 7/16/10 4:55 am
When you call, tiffany will also have you schedule 3 tests.  If you are approved, she will give you the date.  You may need to call several times to reach her.

"'I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle...but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."-- Marilyn Monroe

Most Active