Angel Update - DeniseATL doing GREAT Another Successful DS Surgery!!! :-)

LaShelle2
on 7/12/10 5:17 am, edited 7/12/10 5:20 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

I spoke with Denise earlier today. As suspected, she had phone issues in Augusta and was unable to check in with us.

She is doing great and had a successful DS surgey. She spoke very highly of Dr. Chasen and the nurses at Trinity Hospital which is good. Now,  we have another laproscopic DS surgeon closer to home to choose from. He is approved by shbp insurance. Maybe so many of us won't have to go out of state now.  

I am happy she is doing so well. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.  

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Fascinated One
on 7/12/10 5:24 am - Atlanta, GA

That's wonderful! I'm so glad she is doing well, I had been thinking about her.

START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
LaShelle2
on 7/12/10 5:34 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
                             You're NEEEeeeexT!

I know this waiting seems like forever, but it'll be so worth it in the end. 

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Fascinated One
on 7/12/10 7:35 am - Atlanta, GA
Pre-op in a few days and surgery in three weeks! I'm getting nervous---the time started off dragging but now feels like it's flying by faster than I can get everything done.

I missed seeing you guys Saturday. I was trying to stay indoors and cool when I suddenly remembered later in the afternoon that it was the second Saturday! Bummer! I'll probably miss the August one, too. 
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
LaShelle2
on 7/12/10 11:16 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
It does move fast those last couple of weeks. And the night before it seems like you just can't get everything done.  I don't think my house was ever so clean and organized as the night before surgery.

You know you can't leave a dirty house in case you die in surgery and your family has to go through your stuff.  

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

AndreaH09
on 7/12/10 9:41 am
Glad to hear that Denise is doing well! 
Looking forward to following her story and looking forward to watching the success of all of our fellow Georgians on this board...

Trying to get everything caught up at work so I can be ready for 8-5-10!
HW 251/SW 239/CW 183/GW 150  height= 5'5"

Most Active