WLS Support Group Meetings this week???

GAEDUC8OR
on 7/11/10 7:12 am
Are there any WLS support group meetings this week, preferably in the Conyers area?? I wasn't able to make the one Saturday in Henry County. Thanks

Also looking for family physician to start my 6 month Pre op? 
sassyjonz
on 7/11/10 8:33 am - Atlanta, GA
I think we have a DS support group meeting this thursday at Rockdale hospital at 6 but I have to call Dr. Maynard's office to verify that. 

It is supposed to be every 3rd thursday of the month and I think this thursday is the 3rd thursday of this month since July 1st was the 1st thursday of this month.  I'll reply again tomorrow after I call the office and verify.

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

LaShelle2
on 7/12/10 12:15 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
If you just need to get one in by the end of the month, Southside Support meets third Tuesday of each month at Henry Medical I believe 7:00 pm.  Jeanie Armstrong and Deborah Terrell faclilitate that group.  That will allow you to get in a session for July close to home. Though going to Dr. Maynard's group may not be a bad idea since he does DS and can give you some good info on that procedure while you're there. Or do both. You are not limited to doing just 6 meetings. Go to as many as you have time for!  The best thing you can do as a pre-op is research, research, research,  and meet as many wls patients and wls surgeons as possible before you decide...

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Jeannie A.
on 7/18/10 8:27 pm - Stockbridge, GA
You posted incorrect information my meetings are the 4th TUESDAY!
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

sassyjonz
on 7/12/10 9:00 am - Atlanta, GA
Confirmed.  Dr. Maynard's meeting IS THIS THURSDAY at 6pm at Rockdale hospital.  PM me if you need directions or other info.

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

Most Active