HELLLLLPPPPP!!!!

APRYL.LYNN
on 7/10/10 12:53 pm - Macon, GA
 my husband is trying to have surgery  he is a truck driver but his company will not cover the surgery on the insurance we have looked into other insurance going to mexico everything we can think of neither of our credit is good enough to get a loan or finance we either dont qualify or need a cosigner and well a cosigner is like pullin teeth we have come to our wits end here i am so stressed about the whole matter i dont know what to do he is at a loss i need all the help i can get oh we also have tried to go to the state our our local area like for medicaid and all and because he has a job they will no eve talk to us any suggestions would be so much of a help thank you all and god bless

**APRYL**

MARIA F.
on 7/10/10 4:41 pm - Athens, GA
Is insurance not available with your job?
APRYL.LYNN
on 7/11/10 5:32 am - Macon, GA
 insurance is available but its an exclusion on his policy and through his work so that is why were having to find other options
LaShelle2
on 7/12/10 2:50 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
April, you may just have to save up fopr the surgery and go out of the country. 

You likely will not qualify for Medicaid because of the income limits. For example: limit for a family of 4 is $945 gross per month for the adults to be covered. And you have to have children under 18 for the family Medicaid.

If he has the option to switch to a different type of insurance at his job, it may cover it. like the HMO may exclude it, but the PPO may cover it.

Otherwise, you can speak with the human resources person that is responsible for purchasing the insurance, explain his need fro the surgery, and ask them to consider adding the wls coverage to the company benefits. If there are others at his job that need surgery too, you'll have strength in numbers.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

APRYL.LYNN
on 7/12/10 12:25 pm - Macon, GA
 thank you for the input his work does not have the option about the hmo ppo one change to another his hr rep said its not covered we have went that route, do u know ne thing about medicaid for one single person like if he qualifys for diability? we have run into yet another dead spot in our search
MARIA F.
on 7/12/10 12:51 pm - Athens, GA
On July 12, 2010 at 7:25 PM Pacific Time, APRYL.LYNN wrote:
 thank you for the input his work does not have the option about the hmo ppo one change to another his hr rep said its not covered we have went that route, do u know ne thing about medicaid for one single person like if he qualifys for diability? we have run into yet another dead spot in our search
He is not going to qualify for disability working as a truck driver. Is insurance available through YOUR job?

FormerlyFluffy.com

LaShelle2
on 7/12/10 11:45 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Your husband works. He is not disabled. But really, should Medicaid/tax payers pay for wls for an able bodied adult? I mean we all had to struggle to get insurance coverage, jump through a ton of hoops, or even struggle if we were a self pay.  

Unless someone is completely disabled because of their weight meaning bed ridden or wheelchair bound, do you really  think it should be the responsibility of tax payers to cover your wls?

A good OH buddy of mine even had her husband spend his retirement $$$,  so she could have wls.  People are making really hard sacrifices for this wls.

There was someone who posted recently they quit their job to qualify for Medicaid to have her wls covered. I find that quite disturbing.  There are hundreds of people that come to my office every month with legitimate health concerns,  out of work through no fault of their own *****ally NEED Medicaid, and I have to turn down because our government is so screwed up.  Just does not seem fair that Medicaid would even cover wls for someone who isn't trying to make it on their own and help themselves.

Even more saddening is that Medicaid will cover plastics post-op, and I am a State employee and process and manage Medicaid cases and I CAN"T get plastics because the state WON"T cover it for me and I bust my ass all day at work, and don't sit around milking the government for a financial bailout!!!   So, the taxes they take out of my check as a state employee will cover a Medicaid recepient's plastics, but I a working citizen can't get mine covered. Fair HUH?

If your job downsizes fine.  If you are laid off, fine. If you are injured and unable to work, fine.  I am all for programs that provide TEMPORARY assistance while you transition back to financial stability. But if you're using these programs because you don't care to better yourself, I take issue with that.  

Your husband's job CAN cover wls if they choose to. They just need to contact their agent and add on the rider. They don't cover it because they don't want to pay for it.  Period.  If they told you otherwise they lied to you.

It is my understanding even Starbucks is covering wls now.  Have you considered working yourself at a company that covers wls, and adding your husband to your insurance policy?   If you cannot afford to be a self pay, his company is not budging, and you have poor credit. This may be a viable option for you.

Expecting tax payers who are struggling in this screwed up economy just to make ends meet themselves to pay for his wls is questionable?  It's just not fair. But I guess we're all entitled to our opinions right?
Most Active