Got my date!!!

JoynGA
on 7/7/10 4:41 am - Powder Springs, GA
So I bit the bullet and am scheduled to have my sleeve done by Dr. Rodriguez on July 27th.  This is a huge decision that I have been weighing for more than 5 years with the only thing keeping me back was how to pay for it.  My family beyond my kid's and ex-husband do not know. Their support would be there and so would every comment and tidbit of advice sprinkled with horror story after horror story on a subject they have not lived with nor a situation they have not researched as extensively as I have. 

For anyone who has recently gone to Dr. Rodriguez please feel free to shout out and tell me how your experience was. I  plan on flying out the day before due having to use a buddy pass and spending the night at the hotel that is directly attached to the airport or at least next to it. Then I will be there bright and early for my pre-ops and surgery. OMG, I am so excited.

For all other supporters any comments aimed to calm my nerves and wish me luck are thanked in advance!!!

LaShelle2
on 7/7/10 7:12 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

That's great news. Our surgery dates will be a day apart.  Will a family member be traveling with you?   How long will you stay?    Is this out of the country?   Was it a significant savings?  What an exciting process. Let us know if we can be of any help.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

DarleneR
on 7/7/10 9:21 am
 Yay!! How exciting.  Congrats..you will definitely come out of this experience a loser.  
CallMeMsE
on 7/10/10 4:52 pm - Duluth, GA
I know you're excited!!! Let the count down begin.  I remember my last few days before surgery vividly.   If you're up to it, definitely make a vacation out of it.   As LaShelle said, if you need anything feel free to ask....
Most Active