10 days away .. .holy ****

CPGinGA
on 7/3/10 12:10 am - Marietta, GA
OK, I am scared ... well not shaking scared, but in a nervous kind of way. Screw it - I am scared ****less. There, I said it. My surgery is scheduled for the 13th, but they don't want to do it at 3:15 in the afternoon (I'm diabetic), so they are trying to adjust the date/time. If they can't do it earlier in the day or sooner then the 13th, then they will just feed me sugar water all day and do it on the 13th at 3:15.

I'm eating, but not a lot ... no junk food, no/low carbs, etc. I've lost 6.5 pounds in the last few weeks being scared.

Am I losing my mind? 

Help.

LaShelle2
on 7/3/10 6:53 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
 What are you scared of?  Dying, complications, failing, choosing the wrong surgery, not being able to pig out ever again???

I think all of us go through a period of some degree of fear, but surprisingly,  when your date gets closer you'll likely get a peaceful calm feeling. If you've done your research and you're 110% sure you've made all the right choices, you have nothing to fear.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

CPGinGA
on 7/3/10 6:58 am - Marietta, GA
I wish I knew!
brenda549
on 7/3/10 7:14 am - Duluth, GA
Just a little note, I am diabetic as well, and I was scheduled for a 2:00PM surgery.  I think I actually got back to the OR about 2:45.   I had no problems at all that day. 

It was the best thing I ever did for myself and my family.  I am positive you will feel the same way.  We are saving our lives! 

HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

LaShelle2
on 7/3/10 7:22 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
 Well pray about it.

It's normal to have some apprehension.  Be comforted with the knowledge your surgery will likely cure your diabetes, and if you successfully keep your weight down there is a good chance it will not re-develop. 

You are giving yourself, your wife, and your kids a healthy,  happy,  husband and daddy!   You're doing the right thing for all of you.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

sassyjonz
on 7/3/10 1:59 pm - Atlanta, GA
It might help you to focus and do some visualisation. Mentally visualise your surgeon successfully completing your procedure and sewing up your incision. Picture yourself in recovery waking up from the anesthesia. See yourself walking with your I/V around the hospital ward. Picture yourself leaving the hospital with your family. Visualize yourself 2 weeks after surgery 20 lbs down from your surgery weight. Picture what you imagine you will look and feel like in 3 months and 6 months.  You get the idea.  This will help you to refocus your thoughts from fear to hope and excitement about the future which is what you should be doing.  I know it sounds ra ra but try it.  It's worth a shot.  The mind is very powerful.

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

AndreaH09
on 7/4/10 3:55 am
That's a good idea Lia.  I may use it myself.  You can't let your mind wander and turn this experience negative.

My surgery is 4 weeks away.  Now that it is drawing near, I AM a little nervous, but am 100% sure that this is what I want to do.

I will include you in my thoughts and prayers!

Andrea
HW 251/SW 239/CW 183/GW 150  height= 5'5"

CPGinGA
on 7/4/10 10:14 pm - Marietta, GA
Don't get me wrong ... I know this is the right thing for me to do ... and I am very excited about "my rebirth."
Most Active