No carb dieting before surgery - suggestions needed!

CPGinGA
on 6/29/10 10:30 am - Marietta, GA
My two weeks before surgery starts tomorrow ... what do I eat??? Argh! I realized that nearly everything I've ever eaten is some sort of bread. Any suggestions?

I remember starting this in January ... and now with two weeks to go, I am scared ****less.

Help!

sassyjonz
on 6/29/10 1:08 pm - Atlanta, GA
It's really pretty easy.  Just eat protein.  You could eat lots of salads with meat in them and if you have to eat low fat, you could use vinegrette dressings. Or you could just eat meals with meat and vegetables only.  Veggies are at least complex carbs but if you have to be really strict on the carbs than just eat meat, eggs, fish, cheese, nuts, peanut butter... you could also substitute protein shakes with very low carbs and low or no sugar.

The hard part is going to be resisting your cravings for carbs!  It's gonna be hard but you can do it for 2 weeks.
Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

LeahA
on 6/29/10 10:54 pm - Atlanta , GA
Cheese is my favorite thing to eat when I am trying to do low carb.  I got a recipe for baked cheese from a friend and it makes it nice and crispy so that you have the crunch, but only the protein.  I will see if I can locate the instructions for it so that you can try it.  It is great to put meat on or even by itself. 
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
CPGinGA
on 6/30/10 7:32 am - Marietta, GA
Hi Leah,

Can you send it to me, please???

Thanks!
FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 7/2/10 11:59 pm
 I ate one large salad a day with romaine lettuce, cheddar cheese, ground turkey with taco seasoning and a low carb dressing.  I lost like 10 lbs.

"'I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle...but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."-- Marilyn Monroe

CPGinGA
on 7/3/10 12:01 am - Marietta, GA
Sounds yummy ... thanks!!!
LeahA
on 7/6/10 9:15 am - Atlanta , GA
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/cheesecrisps.htm

This link should help you much better than me telling you how to do it.  I have to say... it was a life saver!
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
ga_ginger_10
on 7/7/10 1:18 am - Atlanta, GA
Hello,

I have been eating this way for almost 10 years now.  I was addicted to carbs before surgery and now it is just second nature.

Take a look at my blog I have lots of really good recipes.

Also, I would eat 3 meals a day.  Remember this is all about creating healthy habits for a life time....not a temporary thing like....all the fad diets we did before surgery.

Good Luck, I am sure you will do fine.

Hugs,

Ginger

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

Most Active