H-U-G-E SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndreaH09
on 6/25/10 10:42 am
I am in SHOCK!  My insurance insisted that I must have one initial visit to weigh in and then 6 visits afterwards of monitored dieting - - - for a total of 7 visits.  It was reitereated numerous times.

I did the initial visit and 5 months monitoring and went ahead and turned in the documentation to my surgeon's office so that they would have all documentation to date.  Then after completing the 6th visit I would send that documentation in (July 16).  Well..............the surgeon's office did not tell me that they were going to go ahead and submit with what I had sent in since in the prior year UHC only required a total of 6 visits and they had never heard of the total of "7 visits" rule.  I got a call today saying that the surgeon's office had submitted yesterday and I am APPROVED today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Unbelievable!!!!! 

I was expecting to have to go to the July 16 appointment, wait a couple weeks for approval, and then still have to wait to get a date!!!!!  NOT SO!!!!!  What a nice surprise.  I am going to request an early August surgery date (the surgeon is booked through July 27).

All I can say is   W-O-W!  Praise the Lord!
MARTINA P.
on 6/25/10 2:13 pm - ROCKMART, GA
Congrads I am so happy for you do you have SHBP United Health Care
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

CColeman
on 6/25/10 2:16 pm
Whooo Hooo!

Maryanne L.
on 6/25/10 2:32 pm - Stockton, CA
Oh my gosh!!!!  I am soooo happy for you!!
LaShelle2
on 6/25/10 11:00 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
              GreatNews-1.jpg great news image by dan-e-boy56 

That's great!!!  July is going to be such a busy months with so many surgeries and surgiversaries!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

MARIA F.
on 6/26/10 3:00 am - Athens, GA
Congrats!
prettyinpink16
on 6/26/10 2:15 pm - GA
That's Great News! I hope that you get the next available date.

AndreaH09
on 6/27/10 3:49 am
Thanks to all my OH friends for all of the well wishes and support!  It means a lot!
Most Active