QUESTION TO ASK PLEASE

LUVROSE4U
on 6/12/10 8:07 am - fort oglethorpe, GA
Hello to everyone,
i am new to this forum ,  im originally from california and moved to the chattanooga area about a year ago and i can not find a support group in chattanooga or hixson area to save my life. does anyone have any suggestions on support groups near any of this area . im willing to drive about 45 min to a hour to get to one if i have too even if its in Georgia ,i know im near rossville ,its only 20 minutes from me . but i need to ,i am so off track its not funny . i have gone  back to my old habbits but have been trying to break them easier said then done i might say .i do drink protein shakes but not all the time, and i am back on my vitamins since i have been deficient in them all for some time .. i get them from bariatric advantage for free for a 90 day supply if you want info on how to get them let me know and i will send you the info. i dont have any friends here yet either . i am finding it hard to make friends here ,not sure why but it is. i would love to get to know some others who have had weight loss surgery . i had my roux n y in march of 06 and at that time i weighed 398 and i went down to 100lbs and now im back up close to 200 i really need help here . anyways, hope you all have a great day and hopefully i can meet others to befriend .would love that acturally

rebecca basra

brenda549
on 6/12/10 9:09 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Rebecca,

I cannot help you with finding a support group in your area.  You are a bit further north than I am.  However, I do want to say welcome to Georgia.  And if you need anyone to listen and be your touchstone until you find a support group, feel free to send me a message.  You could also just post here on the boards.  It can get quiet sometimes, but when people need help, the answers here are quite helpful. 
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

LUVROSE4U
on 6/12/10 9:26 am - fort oglethorpe, GA
brenda,
thank you so much. i have bookmarked this forum along with tn , and my home town of california. i just need to get back on track and hope and pray that my pouch is going to work after all these years being off track .. i hope it does work and i dont have to have a revision that would not be good news. ya know. anyways hope you have a great day.

and thanks for getting back to me .

rebecca basra

MARIA F.
on 6/12/10 9:41 am - Athens, GA
ParkridgeEast Hospital Weight Loss Surgery Support Group
ParkridgeEast Hospital
941 Spring Creek Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Phone: 423-499-2070
Meeting times: First Thursday of every month 6-7 pm
ParkridgeEastHospital.com
Contact Person: Tonya Sims, RN, Bariatric Coordinator

FormerlyFluffy.com

LUVROSE4U
on 6/12/10 10:05 am - fort oglethorpe, GA
Hi Maria,
Thank you so very much . how did you find that , i have been trying every possible place i could think of , but thank you so so much . i do appreciate it. do you know if there is any in rossville ga in case i decide to move there or in its local vaccinity ?

thank you again
rebecca basra

MARIA F.
on 6/12/10 10:27 am - Athens, GA

I found it on the Obesity Action Coalition website. It is a very good resource! I looked on GA also and did not notice one listed for N. GA. There are actually not many support groups listed on OAC. I would check with the hospital in Rossville and also the bariatric surgeon's office there. They usually know the locations of the nearest support groups.

Here is the link for AOC support group search:

www.obesityaction.org/educationaltools/findasupportgroup.php

FormerlyFluffy.com

LaShelle2
on 6/13/10 11:46 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to the Ga Forum. I am sorry to hear things have gotton off track, but I am proud of you for recognizing you need to get back into the swing of things.  Just go back to those basic rules you used when you were a newbie.

1. Protein 1st, veggies 2nd, carbs last
2. Limit carbs
3. Chew thoroughly and slowly
4. Don't drink while you eat - wait 15 minutes before and after
5. exercise, exercise, exercise

WelcometotheGroupCup.gif hello image by gerenannetjongerden 

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active