possible stall 2 weeks post op?

nikki_mcdaniel
on 6/8/10 3:26 am - gainesville, GA
Is it really possible to have a stall 2 weeks out from surgery?? I haven't lost anything in the past WEEK...is this really possible after bypass? I started walking today so maybe that will jump start the weight loss again...I did loose close to 13 lbs that very first week after surgery.. (I had RNY 05/26/2010)

LaShelle2
on 6/8/10 5:11 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Nikki,

Yes, it is very possible and pretty common to have a stall even as early as 2 weeks out. Your body is just trying to adjust to everything going on. Imagine if you lost 13 pounds every week for the next few months!!! That would be a disaster right? You should expect to lose for the next 6-12 months, so slow and steady is not a bad thing.

You're not on a sprint race with this rny, think of it more as a marathon. 

It is pretty near impossible for you NOT to lose with a rny, so just be patient with yourself and your body.

Try not to weigh yourself but every few weeks, so you don't discourage yourself.  Use this time early out to concentrate on getting in your protein and liquids, and developing new healthy eating choices.  And if you're up to it, start gettign in a little physical activity even if it's just walking to the mailbox a couple of times.

You'll be shoppng in the skinny girl section before you know it!

9_hugs_006hugs23az.gif picture by paige1956

~LaShelle

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 6/12/10 9:53 pm
 I had mine in the 26th also.  You are doing good, 26 lbs.  I have lost 19 as of last Thursday.  My doctor wants me to lose 1 lb a day, so I am ahead.  Sounds like you are too.  I have decided not to weigh myself as much.  i was weighing myself everyday at the gym and it was getting a little discouraging when the scale wasn't moving daily.  I have decided to skip that and do what  LaShelle said, I'm going to weigh myself once a month.

"'I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle...but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."-- Marilyn Monroe

Most Active