Resolution to Protein Problem

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 6/5/10 6:11 am
 I went to Smoothie King today and purchased the Gladiator.  It's targeted towards WLS patients.  It has 45 grams of protein, 1.5 carbs and 180 calories.  OMG, it was so good.  They also sell their protein powder in individual packets for $2.99 or a tub for $39.99  I sent an email to them to find out if I could get the nutritional values for the fruit.  i'll post when I hear back from the.

Ingredients

Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement (45 Grams of Protein), Your Choice of Two Fruits

Nutritional Information

serving size:
Calories 180
Fat (g) -
Saturated fat (g) -
Calories from fat -
Cholesterol (mg) -
Carbohydrates (g) 1
Sugar (g) -
Protein (g) 45
Sodium (mg) 150
Fiber (g) -

Nutritional information is calculated based upon correct portioning of Smoothie King’s standard recipes. Because our smoothies may be customized, exact information may vary. For any additional information, please call 1-800-577-4200

Nutritional information will vary depending on the fruits/juices you choose.

Smoothie King Information for Gastric By Pass Patients

The Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement is an ideal protein for Gastric By Pass Patients because it is so easy to digest while providing the body with additional nutrients.

Created so that guests who enjoy the Gladiator Smoothie can also enjoy our product at home, Gladiator® protein powder is available in Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry.

The Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement contains our special proprietary Gladiator protein blend. This protein blend:

• Is not like the other protein powders on the market. It is very low in carbohydrates (1 gram per serving) and contains added nutrients that assist with muscle building and energy production, while enhancing protein digestion and absorption
  • Includes nutrients to provide better antioxidant protection and exercise recovery, unlike other leading brands, which typically only add 35%-50% of the RDA of these nutrients.
  • The unique combination of ingredients includes superior quality whey and egg white protein, a vitamin and mineral complex, L-Glutamine, Aminogen, xanthan and guar gum, natural vanilla or chocolate flavoring and sucralose

Each ingredient found in The Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement has its own special properties, which makes the Gladiator so unique.

Whey Protein

The Whey Protein we use in the Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement is the highest quality protein available.

• Whey protein is the most easily absorbed of all protein types and provides very quick dispersion of protein into the system
  • Whey protein also has the most protein concentration of all proteins, but many do not realize the differences between the types of whey proteins that are available.
  • Whey protein is available in two primary forms 1) as a concentrate and 2) as an isolate. Studies have shown that:
  • Whey isolate is much higher in concentration and has higher absorption rates. Whey protein concentrate is the less expensive, poorer quality of the two forms.

The whey protein we use in the Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement is not only a whey isolate but is processed in a specific manner that increases digestibility. This process is called cross-flow micro filtration or CFM. Cross-flow micro filtration is a gentler process that does not dramatically alter the protein from its natural state. More benefits of cross flow micro filtration are listed below:

"'I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle...but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."-- Marilyn Monroe

deda605
on 6/6/10 3:20 am - hampton, GA
I gotta get to smoothie king asap.  Im 6 years out and still struggle with my protein consumption.
Most Active