Moving to GA SOON!

_Suzy_
on 6/3/10 10:48 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
Thank you - I hope so!!  The practice I have been with is so great I hate to be leaving them.  But if Dr. Steinberg and co. is great, too, then I"ll be just fine.

NOW I need to find PCP - Pediatrician - Dentist.  Oh my gosh - I HATE leaving- I have such a long established relationship with each.
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

brenda549
on 6/4/10 4:02 am - Duluth, GA
Love, Love, Love Dr. Roberts with Gwinnett Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine!  My son loves her as well!  We do not always get in to see her if it is an unexpected illness.  However, I haven't had any problems with anyone I have seen at the Duluth office. 

They have three offices in Gwinnett County: Lawrenceville, Hamilton Mill, and Duluth. 

I also love my dentist, Dr. Thomas Geohegan, but he might not be convenient from your location.  He is still in the Gwinnett area. 

I wish I could help you with a PCP.  I usually see the Nurse Practitioners and have never actually been seen by my PCP. 
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

_Suzy_
on 6/4/10 5:12 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Thanks so much Brenda - I  checked out the websites!    There's hope afterall!  LOL.

I have no idea WHERE we are moving TO.  I have been checking out schools and so far I am liking Alcova and Dacula.   

I have to get down there towards the end of this month to look for a house.  Aye yi yi yi.
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301

LeahA
on 6/6/10 12:42 am - Atlanta , GA
I totally understand how you feel.  I moved from Indiana to Atlanta back in Dec of 2006 and had to not only find a surgeon who would accept me but I was 7 months pregnant at the time and had to get a new OB.  We just recently bought a house about 45 minutes from where we were renting so now I am going to have to find some doctors closer to where we live now and I am dreading it.  Let me know when you get settled here and maybe we can go to lunch.  I now live up in Sugar Hill/Buford but would love to meet you and give you a friend down here.
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
_Suzy_
on 6/6/10 12:47 am - Lawrenceville, GA
aw, thank you so much for that...I definitely will let you know.  I will certainly need a friend!!!!!

Suzy
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301

michelle202
on 6/6/10 5:41 am - GA
Welcome!! I lived in NY my entire life, & we uprooted to Georgia 4 years ago. We live in Sugar Hill/ Buford. Not far from lawrenceville. My husband works there.

Rest assured you will find the best of the best pediatrics in Georgia, as Children's Healthcare of Atlanta hospitals are phenominal to say the least. I adore my PCP, located in Buford. My bariatric surgeon is Christopher Hart.

Good luck with your relocation and feel free to reach out if you need a thing!
micvsgmom.com

_Suzy_
on 6/6/10 9:26 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Well that sounds very reassuring!!

I am trying to figure out where to concentrate on looking for a house - I was told that a couple of good "school clusters" are Peachtree Ridge and Brookwood.   Do you have kids going to school?  Have any advice??

I have a 6 and 9 yr old. 
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301

michelle202
on 6/6/10 9:44 am - GA
Suzy, I have 4 children. 8,7,5 & 2. We chose to live in Gwinnett County because they offer excellent special needs programs.  My daughter Kailey is medically fragile and special needs. We wanted to be close to the Carl T Buice school, which is a special needs preschool.

My children attend Sycamore Elementary and I can do noting but rave. They have accomidated Kailey's needs, as well as my older son's typical student needs. I am very pleased with the school itself as well as with the teachers, the staff, etc.

Will you be able to come down here before you purchase a home? Thats what we chose to do. Gwinnett county is the largest school system in Ga and the fastest  growing county. There are a lot of redistricting of schools, and many new schools being built.

The one thing I can tell you openly and honestly is that you have never experienced traffi****il you experience Atlanta traffic. Keep in mind thats coming from a New Yorker. LOL. Its CRAZY!
micvsgmom.com

_Suzy_
on 6/6/10 9:30 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
Oh boy you are the second person to tell me about the traffic.  Eeeek!  And if a NY'er is saying that...than it must be pretty bad.  Oh boy...

So glad you are in a school that you like.    I have heard about that redistricting thing.  That kind of sux - because I'd like to get my kids in a school that they will STAY in.  I am going to SO miss the school we are in now.  **sigh**  

I am coming down there sometime after my dh starts the new job (june 21) and we are going to look at homes - but we have to move fast since school starts so darn EARLY.  Ugh - that's going to suck too.  We dont' start back here until AFTER Labor Day!  LOL.

Aye yi yi. 
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301

LeahA
on 6/25/10 2:41 am - Atlanta , GA
I wanted to tell you that if you need a realtor, I have THE BEST realtor around!  She knows all the schools and areas that are good and bad.  She actually lives up in this area so she is very knowledgable and SUPER NICE!  If you are interested in talking to her, let me know.  She is FABULOUS!  She helped us find the perfect house and we couldn't be happier!
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
Most Active